Next Celtic Manager

Martinez wasn’t in charge then.

It was that asshole Wilmots.

1 Like

Wilmots out. Martinez in. Martinez back out again.

1 Like

FFS

Footix alert

2 Likes

You must have taken your head out of @Fulvio_From_Aughnacloy’s arse to draw breath at the perfect moment to see my error. Fair play.

Failure to qualify for Euro 2012 was a major disappointment for them in hindsight. Meant they needed the 2014 World Cup to build tournament experience. They’ve had a savage group since around 2011/12.

They were at their peak in 2016.

Vertonghen and Alderweireld had not gone to shit yet. Nainggolan, Hazard, Mertens, Witsel, Lukaku, De Bruyne etc all in the prime years of their careers.

If they had a competent manager in 2016 they could have won the tournament alright. Tournament winners Portugal were very average in 2016.

I’d say you can guarantee James McCarthy will be at Celtic next season if Martinez gets the job.

1 Like

No doubt to Hail Hail fanfares again

Did you learn anything from the last EPL washout?

I like JMC and he seems a decent skin who deserves a break but there is a risk he would be changing a treatment table in London for one in Glasgow

What’s a hail hail fanfare?

This kind of thing

1 Like

I don’t see anything unusual with that?

You seem to be having difficulty articulating whatever point it is you are trying to make.

Available on a free, relatively low risk.

Who said it was unusual? Clamouring for an EPL wash-out seems to be a habit

You seem to be labouring under two misconceptions:

Firstly that Duffy was an EPL washout is just clearly false. He had played 91 of 114 Premier league games for Brighton and was wanted by a host of EPL clubs before he chose Celtic.

Secondly you seem to be concluding that sort of welcome is reserved for EPL washouts. Like most football clubs, players who grew up supporting the club have a greater affinity with fans.

It’s bizarre that this seems to cause you so much upset.

Duffy played something like 5 games in 7 seasons for Everton. Was ever-present for Brighton for two seasons, got dropped by Potter and got back in due to injury, and was back out of favour when the Celtic move came up.

It’s kind of irrelevant what welcome they get, they’ll be turned on by the mob without a second thought for boyhood affinities.

Modern day sport is all about the mob and the destruction of the solid decent man. its why you’d have to admire the likes of Davy for standing up to the mob on and offline.

Stunted man-children hiding behind printers

EPL footix rewriting history when Duffy failed in Scotland alert

1 Like