Next Celtic Manager

Which bit?

Duffy left Everton at 22 years of age. He’s been an EPL regular for the past few seasons and was chased by EPL clubs at the time he left for Celtic.

It seems to drive you beserk that he chose Celtic over the EPL. I don’t know why but you’re rattled at EPL players wanting to shun extra money to join Celtic.

Players should be judged on their performances, sadly Duffy doesn’t look like he has what it takes for Celtic.

Celtic are a bigger club than the EPL midtable dross you seem to be very defensive about.

1 Like

Which EPL clubs were after him out of interest?

West Ham and West Brom.

You can challenge any part of that if you wish

I’ll challenge the bit where you said he played 5 games in 7 seasons. He was at Everton for 6 seasons. He had 3 loans spells at different clubs in that time and left Everton on a permanent transfer at 22 years of age.

He was then a regular first team fixture for Brighton for the course of 3 seasons, playing 91 of their 114 EPL games in his time there.

Absolutely bizarre stuff here. Apparently fans shouldn’t welcome any signing or express excitement in case the signing doesn’t prove to be successful.

Do Slovenians monitor the INTERNET to tell FC Basel fans their club isn’t as big as Bayern Munich or Borussia Dortmund? Oirish EPL footii (what’s the plural of footix) are very triggered by Celtic.

4 Likes

You got me, 5 in 6 seasons so. You don’t disagree with the Brighton bit?

Footix is a plural

1 Like

He could be heading to the Champions League or relegation … It’s a game of inches.

Not only was your point factually incorrect, it was also stupid.

He had left Everton at the age of 22.

So upset over a trivial difference.

You don’t take issue with the Brighton assessment so?

what @manbehindthewire & @padjo fails to grasp is that Martinez actually played in the SPL

Thankfully we have footix like you to remind them.

Jockix

2 Likes

Excuse me?

I wouldn’t say it’s trivial.

He left Everton at 22 years of age and had three loan spells in his time there.

I think it’s obvious that he was a regular at Brighton in his three seasons at the club and it was also clear that he was wanted by EPL clubs but chose Celtic.

Oddly you are trying to spin it a different way than the facts allow.

You’re nearly there

Is this admitting that Celtic aren’t an Irish club?

So you agree that Duffy was an EPL regular when he left for Celtic?

Good.