Next Celtic Manager

Do you expect they will approach him? Or will they go for an easy option like Roy Keane or Kennedy?

I don’t think they’ll go for Kennedy.

I don’t know what they’ll do to be honest. It’s hard to know who is even making the decision.

I think it will be an underwhelming appointment. The talk about Keane has me worried. Desmond has tried this before.

1 Like

Maresca seems to be the current expectation but it changes regularly. Would we be happy with him? Might fit the DoF model well that’s been proposed.

In other news friend of the forum Dermot Desmond has given an interview to one of Scotland’s news outlets (Celticfc.com) about the process and his reflections on the season. Not much suggestion in there that we’d be going down the DoF route.

1 Like

Maresca is very underwhelming. No experience and a huge, huge gamble.

Better option that Keane and Kennedy but that’s not much.

There are loads of good managers out there but it seems Desmond is intent on not putting his hand in his pocket. An utter embarrassment.

We should be going for the likes of Marsch or the Slavia guy. There are plenty of other out of work managers like Favre, Jardim etc who also should be looked at.

I hope that tips the fans over the edge.

Keane and Duff a done deal?

Duff to leave after 2 months😅

Isn’t Lawwell’s son employed in some role or other at Manchester City? Definitely saw it reported and cited as reason Celtic were able to swoop (great term, only used in relation to football transfers) in and sign lads from there whether on loan or permanent deals? Bitton, Roberts, Ntcham, Frimpong to name some. My fear would be that Maresca as head coach with Harkin as DoF and another handful of executive types arriving from there en masse isn’t necessarily the result of a detailed process (contrary to Desmond’s quotes today); it’d be more of the same in terms of lads hiring lads they know rather than casting the net as wide as possible.

2 Likes

They only want yes men. Desmond is an utter utter cunt of a man.

I suspect a job lot of assorted odds and ends from the Man City rejects bin.

Yeah he’s in some role on scouting. Think it’s City Group as opposed to Man City but based there.

We haven’t done badly from the City link in the past (Boyata probably the other one you left out) but it would seem a bit suspicious if our extensive research ended up with us appointing two people from the same club that we have links to.

Maresca does seem to be highly rated, but entrusting the whole football operation to him and Harkin seems like we’d be gambling on both roles.

It’s a cheap option. It’s embarrassing. There are good, proven, obtainable options out there but Desmond wants the cheap option who won’t ask for much.

Maybe could just give it to Dudu Dahan after all :upside_down_face:

2 Likes

lawell is part of team picking the new manager- ffs

What?

1 Like

Freudian slip

1 Like

And a big Celtic fan apparently, he had us fooled all along

1 Like

Peter Bosz the latest name mentioned.

Not sure how good he really is as his spells with Dortmund and Leverkusen didn’t go well but he has the sort of pedigree we should be going for and is in a different league to the likes of Keane, Kennedy, Maresca, Clarke etc.

It’s going to be Keane, isn’t it?