Next Celtic Manager

Yes

Into 4/11.

Utterly depressing. He won’t last until Christmas.

Be a hell of a ride.

Keane and Duff has been done a week now.

His last 2 stints with MoN at Forest and RoI were abysmal. Is there even the remotest chance he’s learned anything since about getting the right people in, handling the modern pro, what’s needed tactically today? Not a chance

1 Like

Keane to take charge and resign before December.

Lennon to come in on an interim basis and to be offered the permanent job in the bog at Tannadice after leading Celtic to a 5th place finish.

7 Likes

Getting destroyed by a drug dealer at the Almondvale Stadium will be the new getting destroyed by a chimney cleaner in the Scottish Cup

6 Likes

Excellent, comedy gold for the next few months.

Micah on the coaching ticket please.

1 Like

Banters guys

Ah the odds mean nothing in these things. Keane would clearly like it. O’Neill is obviously going to talk him up. I’m hoping it’s all noise coming from them though.

1 Like

I’m worried though.

I genuinely think Desmond has a horn for him and if Keane wants it Desmond will give it to him.

Desmond is the boss

It’s his ball and can do with it as he pleases.

Exactly.

Yeah it’s the type of move he’d like but I hope he’s listening to the strong messages he’s getting from his contacts on here.

I would say I’d rather Maresca to Bosz or even Favre.

1 Like

I wouldn’t.

Bosz and Favre have pedigree at least, they will have presence and be able to carry some authority not just with the players but the board. Maresca is just a complete shot in the dark who is beholden to the board for taking a chance on him.

Bosz has won nothing despite having some big jobs. He seems to have a habit of falling out with his players.

Maresca is absolutely a risk but he obviously has some pedigree and is the sort of modern tactical coach we probably need.

But muchdepends on the structure. Gerrard is more like an O’Neill and does none of the coaching. He needs that Beale guy. Keane might be similar but hard to know what his strengths a actually are. Maresca is probably the opposite end of the spectrum.

Possibly but I want a big name in there who won’t be dicked about by the board and who a failure to back him will cause unrest with the facts.

The board need to be coerced here.

Jardim is my favourite of the names you mentioned. Not sure why he hasn’t been in a job since Monaco.

I know next to nothing about Maresca but he does seem to have a defined style of play, similar to the others you’ve mentioned which I’d prefer. He could also get a job back with City pretty easily if he doesn’t like his treatment you’d expect. He’s no more of a risk than Arteta at Arsenal. But of course John Barnes came with similar ambitions.