Next Celtic Manager

I fucking hope it’s not Queen.

1 Like

the whole scouting network at man city is run by fergal harkin from bohs.
sorry lads didn’t read thread but is he moving yo celtic now?

His name has been mentioned in connection with a potential Director of Football role. The belief seems to be that it could be a Harkin/Maresca ticket.

1 Like

Lucien Favre has apparently made his interest known.

I’d be very happy with this appointment.

2 Likes

Approached Eddie Howe apparently? Surprised no talk of it here

Howe is one I’m kind of ok with but not hugely excited by either.

This account used to be cryptic enough about Celtic. Someone went off and did a forensic check of it (not very complicated really, Gonzaga school in username plus plenty of golf and rubby content too) and figured it was one of Desmond’s sons. Think it was mentioned in Scottish tabloid press too. Without admitting/acknowledging it was true, they’ve become increasingly forthcoming and engaging recently. They alluded to the Howe stuff earlier today and it’s been picked up by mainstream media since. It could just be a randomer either.

1 Like

Ah it’s clearly a randomer

Favre is a grade A weirdo with a patchy track record and can’t seem to sustain success anywhere.

That’s a bit harsh. Did very well at Hertha Berlin, Borussia Monchengladbach, Nice and fairly well overall at Dortmund I would’ve thought. Similar level to Rodgers I’d say

It is @balbec

Howe would be an outstanding appointment. Hope there’s substance to the rumours.

Eddie Howe should be the england under 21s manager.

1 Like

Maybe a Iittle harsh alright. But it all fell apart for him at every club besides Nice really. And he ended up with average overall win records etc. And had some odd fallings out and weird media engagements with private press conferences and telling the media not to talk him out of decisions.

Anyway he’s said he wants to live in Switzerland so not sure how that adds up either.

I stand corrected.

Good to see you’re okay with Eddie Howe as the next Glasgow Celtic manager. What made you embrace the appointment of a guy you were agitating almost around the clock for to be sacked from his last job?

3 Likes

Eddie Howe looks like a harmless enough ole fella, he’ll be ate alive up there when the crowds comeback.

A poor mans Brendan Rodgers but is few steps up from Lemon.

3 Likes

I’m just grateful we’re not hiring a Neil Lennon type.

I’m not overly sold on Howe but he’s a notable upgrade on Keane/Lennon/Kennedy.

I also see Nicky Hammond has got to fuck.

cc @Bandage