Next Celtic Manager

You described Eddie Howe as a clown and a charlatan. You’d be happy for a coach you consider a clown and a charlatan to manage one of the clubs you support?

Any manager who takes a club from the 4th tier up to the top tier has to be respected. A modern day John Toshack.

1 Like

A clown and a charlatan is a notable upgrade of Lennon/Keane/Kennedy.

1 Like

Sounds like a good place for Howe to rebuild his career before going back to the EPL.

1 Like

Win a league , rebuild cv and off to Burnley

The real Brett Desmond called him out on it earlier anyway.

I’d say Howe thought he’d have loads of offers. Probably should have to be fair. As you say an opportunity to relaunch

Stephen McGowan running with the Howe story now. That’s all the usually reliable sources reporting it. Plus McGowan has some detail on Burchill and some other Richard Hughes chap being involved.

1 Like

Haven’t read the article but what has Burchill done since retiring?

Don’t think I’ve heard his name mentioned in a decade.

Presume Richard Hughes is the Scotch lad who played for Portsmouth?

He’s a scout. I think he’s Chief Scout at Bournemouth.

Yeah think it’s that Richard Hughes.

1 Like

Oh lord…

Seth Meyers Burn GIF by Late Night with Seth Meyers

Richard Hughes used do a bit of punditry on Italian football.

Howe’s recruiting at Bournemouth was pretty poor. Seemed to pay a premium for young British players. Also don’t like the way Kennedy and Strachan seem to be imposed on him.

Great news

Yeah agreed on that. I assume his recruitment was pretty good before they got to the EPL riches but they certainly wasted money when they got there. It’s probably something you could say about every EPL club though. They are incredibly inefficient spenders.

Would be nice to see someone from outside that overpriced market coming in on the recruitment side but it looks like our new strategy will be heavily focused on lower league English players because of Brexit. So maybe that’s some of the thinking there.

I’ve a particular unease with Strachan and would rather he wasn’t involved anyway. It’s hard to know though, maybe he’s some scruffy genius that nobody has listened to yet.

2 Likes

Eddie Howe as next manager.

Happy with Howe
  • Ah yeah happy with Howe.
  • Fuck no. Keep looking.

0 voters

He’d the Crawley manager on retainer. 10k a month to “scout”players. An absolute chancer. I’d be worried about Howes recruitment. His coaching is excellent though. He is also anti-drink. Binned off a load of lads when they were seen out in Bournemouth, drinking or not.

2 Likes

As a Liverpool fan I think it’s vital that Desmond opens the purse strings for Howe so he can strengthen the squad with big money swoops for Neco and Rhys Williams.

He’ll be asking Johnny Yems opinion before wasting money on the next Charlie Austin.

Howe was fine when spending small money, it was only when he started spending more than £10m on players he seemed to go off the rails entirely. Celtic would seem to be the perfect fit for him based on that.

1 Like

Howe will do well. Celtic will win the league next season. Fuck the Huns.