Next Celtic Manager

Ange Postecoglou Ole!!

Bar one hammering Celtic performances have fallen off a cliff in recent weeks .yesterday was more dross. Ange has gotten the last drop out of them and taken them as far as he can .hope it works out at Spurs if he does go but I’d fear his attacking style will be ruthlessly exposed in premier league like it has been in Europe .

As club content clips go, this is next level. Unreal good. Celtic’s 8th treble with mirroring moments from one era to the next.

2 Likes

Ange wouldn’t be leaving for a piddling little club with no hope of winning trophies like Leicester, like Rodgers did, but for the might of Spurs.

These things make a big difference in how a manager is thought of after he leaves.

I’m disappointed Ange is going after 2 seasons. I was hoping he could make inroads in Europe in the third campaign after learning from previous experiences & strengthening the squad some more. But the EPL is a behemoth, he’s been working nearly 30 years as a manger to get a shot at the biggest league & it’ll be life changing financially too. He’d spoken before about how happy he was at Celtic & how people would be surprised how long he’d stay here despite being linked with other jobs on & off. But his chat in the build up to the cup final last week was more vague & he didn’t take the opportunity to decisively say he wanted to stay. It was all pointing to him wanting to take the Spurs job, if it was offered to him. The more reputable & well connected football journalists in England & Scotland all had him leaving as the day progressed. Reports tonight say he told Dermot Desmond et al last night in the aftermath of the cup final win that he wanted to go & that he wants to take Kennedy & Strachan too.

1 Like

Like something Rocko would write up

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/peter-lawwell-smart-celtic-risk-30151941

Moyes leaves West Ham
Ange goes to Spurs
Potter takes over at West Ham
Moyes returns to Celtic

2 Likes

I think what we need is a manager with a clear attacking identity.

Big Sam?

Brendan Rodgers

Roy Keane has Celtic DNA. The obvious choice

You should be ashamed of yourself

Ange was ideal for Celtic:

An attacking & possession based identity/philosophy (Celtic are the biggest club in the league & need to take the game to the opponent);

A hard edge & an aura (important in that league/city not be swallowed up & spat out by orange bastards be it media, rival fans, referees etc);

A leader & quality man manager (not just a tough man, he has charisma, empathy, is a great speaker/communicator - he was a comfortable figurehead & able to bring players & fans with him);

A good eye for a player & knowledge of players in lesser known markets (his signings have been very good & being able to tap into the Asian market to sign excellent players for good value was important for Celtic).

So breaking all that down, we need a manager with an attacking & possession based identity, who has a hard edge & aura complemented by strong leadership & man management skills, topped off by outstanding knowledge of players & markets. I think that’s the profile we need. Someone might have carved out a good career in a lower/midtable team in a higher league but that wouldn’t necessarily translate to Celtic if that’s based around reactive/defensive coaching.

1 Like

The only thing that would top that hideous scenario is Kevin Muscat taking over. Imagine the reaction the first time he drops points especially if it’s agains Sevco​:rofl::rofl: Personally I want Potter but I’m not averse to Rodgers coming back.

You’re not getting Potter, pal. He’s too rich for Celtic. That’s just the reality of it.

Stevie the hun to dirty Leeds

Next Celtic Manager Odds
Scott Brown – 4/1
John Kennedy – 13/2
Steve Clarke – 8/1
Martin O’Neil – 10/1
Kjetil Knutsen – 11/1
Rafa Benitez – 14/1
Roy Keane – 16/1
Patrick Vieira – 20/1
Jesse Marsch – 22/1
Adi Hutter – 25/1