Next Celtic Manager

Oh let Kennedy and Strachan off please.

1 Like

He doesn’t have a say in it

5 Likes

Why would they get 5m if Ange is on a 12 month rolling contract? That would he’d need to have been 100k a week which we all know isn’t the case.

It’s not that he doesn’t promote fluid football, it’s just that his brand is counter attacking in the main, but can put a team away when the chance is there. He’s very conservative in Europe, but he is in a European final this week which Celtic haven’t reached in 20 years*

*against Porto back in the day, right?

Because it could be wait 12 months or that’s the break fee. The compensation doesn’t have to be the same as the outstanding wages.

1 Like

Ye’d be mad to sack him tbh.

1 Like

TFK has a direct line to Paradise. I think it was @neilld who suggested Ralf/Ralph Hassenheutl. He would be an excellent choice. Southampton would still be in the Premier League if they’d kept faith in him. Used to working on a meagre enough budget and competing with higher resourced clubs too which would help in the Champions League. Failing that then hope that Brendan Rodgers wants to repair his reputation in Scotland again.

1 Like

Brendan has ruled himself out. The Alpine Klopp would be a good appointment. They’d ship a bizarre 9-0 defeat to East Fife along the way but should continue to dominate

3 Likes

@admins

can you stop the footix posting here please?

10 Likes

I’d say he’ll walk tbh

Was Rodgers in charge that time they lost to the chipper in Gibraltar? Even by Celtic standards that’d be a bit small time to take someone like that back.

Stan has his say

Yes I think it was Rodgers’ first game when they were turned over by the chip shop from Gibraltar. Brendan had the necessary “character” to get up off the canvas and avenge the defeat in the second leg.

1 Like

Ange was a Liverpool Footix mate!

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/tottenham-appoint-new-manager-postecoglou-27064038

1 Like

I’d like to thank big Ange personally.

That game v rangers in the league in January 22 was when I really believed the world would return to normal post Covid and much quicker than most assumed.

A packed park head under lights is a very special place. 3-0 up before half time and the stands were absolutely bouncing.

You knew normality was on its way.

1 Like

Liverpool fans are incredibly knowledgeable about football. Ange just another case in point.

Nice quote from Jim Burke on Football Weekly, visiting a friend of his in pallative care, Jim informed him that Ange was off. His mate John simply replied, “thats the thing about Celtic Jim, there’ll always be another hero”.

A beautiful outlook.

Kieran McKenna would be a good choice for Celtic

What are TFK’s sources in Siem Reap saying about the next manager @RaymondCrotty ?

Ange was such a figurehead & good manager, it’s natural his departure makes some fans a bit anxious about who/what comes next & players potentially becoming restless too. A top class appointment would allay any fears but I guess we need to respect the process (despite having misgivings about the club hierarchy).

My sense is we thought Ange was flying sufficiently under the radar at Celtic & his age might also have been expected to count against him. This is in the context of big clubs in top 5 leagues recruiting new managers in a market with Luis Enrique, Nagelsmann & other young & successful coaches available.

We were probably a bit taken aback last week by how advanced he was with Spurs (doing rounds of interviews in May) & that he was ultimately their choice. So I don’t know what our contingency plans are/were & how long this will take. But I hope we’ve a clear idea of the type of manager we want & some targets already sounded out.

We need to break the bank to get Des Buckingham in.