Next Celtic Manager

While perusing the lower reaches of the next Celtic manager page on a well known gambling site I had to do a quick double take when I saw one particular name…:rofl:

4 Likes

Basque manager?.
RA Supporters.
I dont know his footballing credentials but he gets my vote

1 Like

Would you take Rodgers back?

• Yes
  • No

0 voters

It’s a yes for me.

Get Knutsen. If he can do what he did with Bodo, who knows what he’d do with 30m and proper facilities. Rodgers is a lying prick, look into the Danny Grain/Rodgers story as a perfect example.

1 Like

Nothing to stop Rodger’s pissing off again mid season once a PL comes calling.

1 Like

You reckon they should indenture him?

The EPL dwarves everything now though & I don’t think that’s going to change any time soon. I know this is an extreme example but you could hire Neil Lennon or Malky McKay or someone, & you’d know they’d never be tempted by an EPL offer because they’d never get one. It’s better to hire the best candidate possible, & that might be Rodgers. If there are EPL clubs sniffing around again after 2 or 3 seasons then at least that’s because Celtic will have been successful playing good football, as they were with Rodgers before (7/7 in trophies) & Ange (5/6). That would require the CEO & senior club executives constantly monitoring the management market & having successors lined up who have a similar profile.

3 Likes

If somebody gets sacked in November Rodger’s will be linked with the job though.

Kieran McKenna could be an interesting choice.

Not stirring the pot, but is Ipswich in the championship not a bigger job? Champions League aside.

admins, i specifically asked for dolts like this to be excluded from posting on this thread

2 Likes

Admins, can we ask for a capital D on the word Dolt(s) please? Thanks.

*domestic trophies

Exactly. It would be ridiculous if we didn’t sign Jota for example for fear he’d move to the EPL if there was a big money bid for him. And we need to have the same attitude to managers - where the vast majority of the capable managers will leave for the money if and when they get a decent chance.

For Rodgers you could argue it wasn’t the optimum chance (though he sort of disproved that by over achieving with Leicester at least initially) and you could certainly argue about the timing. But it’s the likely path for any successful Celtic manager.

Who the fuck are the Knutsens?

Knutsen is a strange one. His record is really good but he’s been linked with lots of moves and it’s never happened for some reason.

The football Bodo played against us was excellent and energetic but winning at Celtic Park is one of their few good away results in Europe. They’ve taken some beatings away.

At home they’re playing on an artificial pitch in the Arctic Circle. You just wonder how much that has influenced results in his team’s favour.

Not sure how accurate the primary source is, but various places reporting that Celtic had a clause in Ange’s contract preventing him from taking club staff with him to his next role. They’re saying the club are blocking him from bringing Kennedy, Strachan & this analyst chap Wallace (who I’d never heard of) to Spurs. Ange came on his own without staff so I don’t know if Celtic expect a new manager to come in & work with these existing coaches or not. Maybe it’s a bargaining tool, a new manager might have his own regular coaches he prefers to work with & we might then be willing to let Kennedy et al join Spurs for more compensation. I don’t see anything in this morning’s jocko football press with an inside line on the manager search & what progress, if any, has been made.

It seems he’s some class of an Eskimo based on later readings.

I think it’s the fact that he developed so many good players on meagre resources that would be the selling point.

Solbakken
Berg
The striker and left back whose names escape me

All young players who made big moves to Europe off the back of their performances at Bodo

No for me. He looks like a nonce.

Hassenhutl would be a decent shout though.

1 Like