Next Republic of Ireland Manager

Trouble is most decent managers are used to huge wages.
I’d love Steve cooper.

Disagree. Up and coming coach for me. Stephen Bradley could do a secondment or a duel role with Shamrock Rovers for the four friendly games, see how he goes.

Was that not exactly whatt they did in appointing the last lad. Appointing the most successful LOI manager is akin to assessng @Corksfinedtboy fine painting jobs and letting him loose is touching up the Mona Lisa.

13 Likes

Bradley and Rovers are on the drive for five. If there was a hurling international job would we not appoint Kiely? Of course we would. Bradley is the best manager in the country by a mile, has won four leagues in a row, and has gotten to two european cup competition group stages.

1 Like

They appointed a manager that failed at SRFC

Would you grab a hold of yourself. Paddy can playing hurling- they cant kick a ball like the Europeans / Brazil. Its exactly the qualities Jack Charlton identified in the 80’s . We are made to hoof it.
The LOI is about 1 or 2 levels above a pub league

1 Like

Sure he has a massive advantage over his rivals. Shamrock Rovers finances and squad has been superior to anyone else in his time in charge there. I’d nearly hold it against him that he took until 2020 to win a league there. Vinny Perth beat him to the title for Christ sake.

Kiely in a nutshell.

Football unites this country like no other sport can or will

3 Likes

Fair enough but the LAPTOP men at the FAI could at least give the impression that they are looking beyond bad pundit-types for the gig

1 Like

He’s the best modern ( last few years)
Kenny
Caulfield
Much better in my estimation tbh
Course in. A little bit biased :blush:
Shock horror

1 Like

I’m a little touch biased

1 Like

Caulfield would be ignorant enough to fuck Tony O’Donoghue out of it after every game as well. Which is a prerequisite for success

Delicious tears

It’s how I feel when I aee @Aertel220 and @BruidheanChaorthainn posting about City. The sweetest nectar.

Stop getting all your opinions from the second captains podcast mate

2 Likes

Whats the poi t of a coach at international? Ypu dont have much time with the players. You need is a manager who knows the players abilities and sets them out with a gameplan to maximise the pick you have.

Your not going to turn a team of championship level players into Barcelona in 10 day blocks