Next Republic of Ireland Manager

What teams has she managed? :thinking:

Roy Hodgson coming available

Is Trapattoni (84) still available?

Roy doing a Dee Forbes on it to avoid getting the sack.

1 Like

https://twitter.com/noriordan/status/1758403322631819671?s=46

He doesn’t want the job but will take it if we offer
Him a load of cash.

Lees a capitalist

Carsley is only looking out for his assistants. Wants Steven Reid to get something comparable to what Roy Keane got for falling out with half the squad and Robbie Keane got for scratching his hole.

8 Likes

Is Steven Reid mentioned as part of the Carsley ticket? I find Reid fairly intriguing. He seems introverted but has quite a bit of top level first team coaching experience. I think he’s spoken about experiencing mental health difficulties & he’s left various roles but generally finds a route back in. Is he still part of Steve Clarke’s Scotland set up? I don’t know if he combines that with a club role too.

Carsley at the least, could find himself part of the next England set up; maybe even manager as the FA love a company man. Thats the problem I’d say.

https://twitter.com/offtheball/status/1757912605220389213/mediaViewer?currentTweet=1757912605220389213&currentTweetUser=offtheball

McDonnell is stealing a living whilst waffling on about Lee Carsley. He’s been giving the same reports for approximately a month now.

4 Likes

Incorrect.

He wants around 200k more than was offered.

Carsley will never get the England senior job without doing something extraordinary with a senior team. He’s currently way too low profile and him not being a former England player but an Ireland one is a no-no.

@Rocko needs to get onto his mate Dermot Desmond to help implement some sort of Denis O’Brien type arrangement to attract candidates.

It’s a bit of a farce that a country of our relative wealth is offering chump change for one of our flagship managerial roles

1 Like

Tis soccer mate. When it comes down to it its not what Paddy really cares about.

2 Likes

I’ve come around to the conclusion that you need a crook running a country’s football association if you want to attract a manager who isn’t a complete stiff.

That said, it was the crook who ran the FAI who appointed the complete stiff we’ve just gotten rid of, so maybe I’m talking balls. But perhaps not.

1 Like

The FAI’s long list of 2 (3 tops) potential managers could well be exhausted soon.

Have they made any approach to anyone remotely interesting? Like there must be a few lads in Germany or France or Holland doing great stuff with a smaller team.

Carlos Quieroz is the man for the job.

His international record is superb

1 Like

Any aspiring manager would be crazy to take the job. It isnt the least bit attractive to anyone who wants to progress. It suits a retirement candidate

The FAI seem to want a coach type manager.

And they can offer only a shit salary.

Line up potential candidates.

I actually think we’ve some great players.