Next Republic of Ireland Manager

Big Slaven would bring some rock and roll to the job. Could even get his guitar out for the sing songs.

2 Likes

Slaven will ate Tony O’Donoghue without salt. I’m in

5 Likes

Now we are talking.

Only 2 years to the next World Cup. Shouldn’t qualifying start soon?

Qualifying for a World Cup used to start in September (2004, 08, 12’ and 16’) but I think it’s more condensed now. Started in March 2021 for the 2022 World Cup. Possibly because of Covid.

Slaven would be a good appointment if he has any interest. He had West Ham flying in 2015/16. Not to mention his decent stint with Croatia.

Rock N roll baby

2 Likes

It would be incredible to be part of a World Cup in America.

16 teams in Europe qualify. There’s barely 16 countries in Europe.

1 Like

March 2025 to march 26. Another year for our younger players to develop.

12 groups is good.

There’s about 53 teams in Europe. 54 if Russia are allowed back in. I’d say a good 38 (ish) of those could be defined as stumbling blocks to qualification for us and would have ambitions of challenging for a play-off spot at least. It’s very competitive in Europe compared to the rest.

Bear in mind we didn’t qualify for 16 team Euros in 1996, 2000, 2004 and 2008 when we had comparatively stronger teams now. That’s not to say it can’t be done and I’m optimistic that we can challenge with the right manager in place. But it’s by no means any easy feat.

1 Like

We should be somewhere in between that 24 and 36 group.

Just asking any fella who might take it now

He’s surely on much more in Saudi? I’d love if he got the job. Croats just get football.

This is great news. Bilic is a class act. Perfect for us.

Bilic would be an epic appointment. He’d bring in lads who would literally die for a jersey. That’s the sort of shit we need. Proper fucking desire

7 Likes

Modric, Perisic, Boban, Suker - raw ability and a look they’d fuckin murder you if you went the wrong way against them. Proper fucking heart

1 Like

One World Cup final and two semis and the country younger than most of us.

Not bad for a nation of less than 4 million.

Would still edge towards expecting a new favourite to emerge in a couple of days & then a different one after that & then another one & so on.

2 Likes