Next Republic of Ireland Manager

Both very today I thought. Brady is a big ‘what if’ with all the injuries. Beautiful footballer.

Anthony Barry will take over now .

Azaz getting more than 5 minutes. Agreed, have to go 4 at the back.

He looked very tidy I thought. Smallbone was okay as well. Its a pity Cullen isnt a foot taller. I could see Azziz getting in the team.

Azaz is exactly the type of player we lack. To give him 5 minutes was criminal.

1 Like

Yep-should’ve started.

Apparently Roberto Di Matteo was spotted in the crowd at the Aviva. Probably the least exciting Champions League winning managerial appointment possible.

Swiss born isn’t he. Probably over watching home country.

JT and Lamps trained that team I think; Mata translated

1 Like

Appointed technical advisor to Jeonbyuk Hyundai Motors in the South Korean league in January 2023.

Any followers of Korean domestic football here that could inform us if he’s still in that role?

1 Like

The virgin media gang seemed to think its going to be poyet after he was knocked out tonight.

If the board are going to fire Johnny Hill tomorrow then surely they’ll hardly do that on the one hand AND accept his recommendation for manager on the other.

The same gang who signed off saying it could be Gus, Willy, Damien or Mick :joy:

Ah here. Any chance you could find out what greg halford thought of tonight?

2 Likes

I can use my own opinion mate. All the Man Utd fanboys need to take off the red tinted glasses.

Its always the new fella that nobody has seen play that’s exactly what we need in your head

12 Likes

Until he’s capped & then it’s the next flavour of the month that should be in the team ahead of him. And repeat in perpetuity.

Lads I’ve made the call on Azaz, time to move on

https://x.com/indosport/status/1772926573190005221?s=46

I don’t think O’Shea should get the job full time.

Pros:
Has a playing track record
Seems to be a decent, affable sort & the players respect him
Demoted Matt Doherty to the bench
Restored the “good lads” (cc @Cheasty) to the squad/team like Coleman & Brady
Made us more organised & cohesive

Cons:
Brought Picture This into camp to entertain the players
No managerial track record
Made us more organised & cohesive…BUT it was largely within the same overall Barry/Kenny template of 3 at the back, wing backs, narrow front three
Could have used his opportunity to play a different style or formation

I wouldn’t throw my toys out of the pram if he got the job but there’s surely a raft of folk better qualified who’d accept the terms available.

2 Likes