Next Republic of Ireland Manager

Dan seems to be of the opinion that the FAI owe journalists some content or something

1 Like

Dan was trying to tell us a few weeks ago that talks with Carsley had gone so far as discussing the backroom team.

The man hadn’t a clue.

9 Likes

Or the Kazakh one

1 Like

Sagnol could be great fun-he was on Sky there once and said he hated Zidane over that headbutt

A heap of the Irish journalists have been made look like mugs over this

7 Likes

The Irish journalist types made such a hames of selecting the last manager that the FAI needed to keep them completely in the dark this time. Dan McDonnell talking about a huge sense of disappointment because Carsley wasn’t appointed. I wouldn’t trust his judgement on a manager at all.

1 Like

Someone from the42 website was on the Claire Byrne show earlier to give the inside track on the new Ireland manager.

‘I don’t have much to say unfortunately. All of us football journalists are very frustrated’.

Worthwhile interview.

Claire then said that her next guest would be telling us how to cope with a cancer diagnosis.

3 Likes

I can’t wait till Willie Sagnol sorts that cunt

Does Sagnol fit the criteria of becoming available in April?

He was a cracking little player.

1 Like

Depends on how Georgia go I think.

Yeah he won the champions league. Was a serious player.

1 Like

Willy Sagnol v Gus Poyet in a play-off final/Irish managerial joust would be iconic. RTÉ or Virgin Media will have to televise Georgia v Greece.

1 Like

Bring me a manager who can secure a 0-0 draw away to Georgia.

Bring me Gus Poyet.

John O’Shea hasn’t a hope of getting the job permanently after that performance. Woeful performance and tactics. Afraid to play younger players. Awful.

Eh what?

6 Likes

Its an improvement-team looked relatively solid and compact. Swiss and Belgians are no mugs.

Coleman and Brady should be nowhere near that team.

Ah come on mate. It was abysmal. O’Shea won’t be getting the job.

Rubbish - both are important squad players

1 Like

2 best chances tonight came from Brady set pieces

What were you expecting given the base they are starting from? They drew with New Zealand and were lucky to do so in November.

A draw with any iteration of Belgium and a loss where the keeper has thrown one in against the Swiss is acceptable to me.

He probably needs to ditch the back 3 and some lads there a while that have had enough chances though.

I’d have gone for Big Sam to be honest.