Next Republic of Ireland Manager

I am an enemy of the public rather than somebody who constantly waffles on about attending Public Enemy at Trinity College in 1988.

2 Likes

I’m very angry about this.

5 Likes

Reading comments underneath makes it worse. A talentless unoriginal hack is too kind a description.

1 Like

Have you LAMBASTED Cunningham on Twitter yet?

There has been a development

Oh my days.

A haymaker from Cunningham.

But in this day & age, surely it’s time to dig in & claim he doctored the evidence. You can’t let facts stand in the way of any argument.

I’d like to hear from @Cheasty here.

1 Like

Ah now

Post it will you

1 Like

What happened?

It’s no shock to see the chap here just cogged it off the internet like he does everything else

2 Likes

Cunningham dug out an entirely different reference to the song from 2018, long before Gus Poyet or Lee Carsley were in the Irish managerial frame.

He’s employing desperate Fine Gael type spin tactics here.

He’ll probably try to claim that he wrote my Scarborough Fair FAI re-adaptation because he once referenced the song in a tweet in 2015.

2 Likes

The original source from 2018 was cited by the brilliant, award winning, journalist.

This will end internet careers. Robbing a lookalike is one thing but this…

2 Likes

I think Mario Rosenstock did a Gift Grub using that as the basis for a song about 15 years ago when Keane was Sunderland manager

Post it up there

I tend to agree. Cunningham resorting to spin the late Shane Warne would have been proud of.

1 Like

So the journo plagiarized Rosenstock and then @Cheasty diluted from that?

We’ll never know.

The best course here is to accept all those involved are wankers

1 Like

It still irks me that Shane Warne was commentating on an Australia v India Test Match just after midnight one night in December 2014 and out of the blue he referenced hurling and said he was once at a match with the rest of the Australian team, he knew it was a final but couldn’t remember anything else, and if anybody out there knew more, to fire him a tweet. I tweeted to him that he’d been at the Leinster hurling final drawn game between Kilkenny and Wexford on July 11th, 1993, which I knew as I attended this game and heard Tim May and Ian Healy being interviewed at half time on a transistor radio.

Warney instead proclaimed that somebody had tweeted to him that the 1993 All-Ireland final had been between Kilkenny and Galway on September 5th, 1993 and that this must have been the game the attended. The Australians were back home by this stage.

I must tweet Warney again to set the record straight on this.

1 Like