Next Republic of Ireland Manager

I’d give it to a joint combo team of @Fitzy and @EstebanSexface . Both know a bit about ball, both played enough to have the deep respect of the players and both have the sort of volatile simmering psychosis that you need in a manager. Its literally a no-brainer

3 Likes

It’s no small coincidence that myself and @EstebanSexface have never been seen in the same room together.

1 Like

If fitzy is happy enough putting out cones we’re in business

1 Like

Keep them guessing. I like it.

Be careful. If you think he’s happy just start backing away slowly and quietly. No sudden movements.

I’d actually be safer if he was moderately disgruntled.

I’m quite happy to stand behind you mate.

1 Like

I cant wait to see who the most out there person to throw their hat into the ring will be. The excitement when Traps name came up first was off the hook, and then to have Marco into the bargain. Unreal.

I presume Denis wont be available to bankroll a big name, who could step in in his stead? Would McGregor make us dream?

I don’t care who gets appointed as long as they lamp o donoghue in their first press conference and do us all a huge favour.

3 Likes

Fuck it, that would be some statement of intent.

Maybe the Kinahans will get us Stevie G

3 Likes

Their way of currying favour with the Irish public like Denis O’Brien with Trap.

1 Like

Could be the making of them, kinda like Graham Mul against Cork in 2018…

1 Like

Steve Bruce or Alan Pardew would be perfect,

Happy Fa Cup GIF by BBC

My sources tell me Carso is in.

Championship level players. Do you get someone in, who doesn’t have say, e.g. premier league experience, or do you get a good championship level manager in. International football is no better than club football anyway these days bar a small group of teams, most international teams are beatable on the day. (Use Iceland as the example/template)

1 point from 7 games, Cooper arrives and gets promoted with largely same players

1 Like

https://x.com/offtheball/status/1727824348667633980?s=46

Cooney is some dick head.

Would love to see Brucey come in and wind all the hipsters up something special.

What does he say there that you disagree with bar you rate brucey and he doesn’t?