Next Republic of Ireland Manager

There won’t be teams teeing of on us from 20 yards with BigSam

Big Sam had them purring back in the spring of 2016 tbf before England came calling. The Irish media types will scoff at the Big Sam rumours but I don’t think there was a manager in the world who’d have kept 2020/21 West Brom afloat or even Leeds last season with 4 games to go.

Big Sam was a very good coach anyway, pushing on a bit now and maybe doesn’t have the drive of old but if it was 2016 Big Sam we were getting then I’d be all for it. He’d be a huge upgrade on Spock anyway and I’d prefer Sam to Neil Lennon or even 2014 FA Cup finalist Steve Bruce.

Big Sam typifies that Bulldog British Spirit we need.

Cooney and Ken early are dead against big Sam. Heard Sam there earlier on about the disease of tiki taka football.

Hopefully it’s Sam. He’d have us humming.

You’d think those lads would stop now after what they put the country through.

1 Like

They haven’t a fucking clue.

I’d be confident with big Sam we can qualify for the next World Cup.

3 Likes

Jesus, this is almost more depressing than Spock.
Is there no middle ground? It’s almost 2024 FFS.

Big Sam should have been appointed instead of the Big Mick leading to Steo concoction of December 2018.

1 Like

Anyone but fucking Lennon at this stage.

It’s a promising enough long short list so far:

Warnock
Big Sam
Tony Mowbray
Neil Lennon

What’s Tony Pulis at these days?

1 Like

You forgot Steve Bruce. Has Neil Warnock declared an interest? He’ll be pushing 78 by the time the 2026 World Cup gets under way.

Neil Lennon would be a disastrous appointment.

Bruce wouldn’t be good; you can’t sign Man Utd rejects as an international manager.

Big Sam would be a good choice, he’s an actual good coach/manager who has a record of improving teams and would suit the players we have.

Poyet played fairly dull football iirc, would be a bit more like Kenny. Lots of boring passing. Had some good moments but also a lot of turgid displays. Obviously has done fairly well with Greece recently.

2 Likes

Ken would have done melt down if Big Sam gets it

1 Like

Lads, Big Sam would be an absolute disaster. Cop on

1 Like

Its hard to tell which lads are serious and which lads are ball hopping

5 Likes

Gary Megson could be the man to revitalise Irish football.

Alan Curbishly hasn’t put a foot wrong since doing an excellent job at both Charlton and West Ham.

Paul Jewel has experience in film.

Danny Wilson did some job at Barnsley.

1 Like