NHL Playoffs & Stanley Cup

We’ll live in hope…

Good period, fuck Tampa

Bad feeling

Fuck it

Ah well, I’ll just have to dump my new Habs sweater.

Keep it, it’s one of the nicest in the league anyway, but they are improving. Just overmatched here completely. Happy they won wan game it would have been fairly damaging if they got swept.

Give us a layman’s breakdown there one of ye yanks. I haven’t followed it much this year.

@maroonandwhite

1 Like

The intensity here is off the fucking charts

I was just going to comment on that. No advantage so far. I’m off to the scratcher unfortunately. Enjoy!

Goodnight buddy. Or as we say here in Galway, Bonne Nuit

The bolts are looking to bring Lord Stanleys cup to the gulf for the third year in a row but have had to battle their way here hampered by average play and an injury to playoff hot hand Brayden Point. They do have Andrei Vasilevskiy who’s been in outstanding form as always in goal, but they piggybacked grit and good team defense to get this far.

The Avs on the other hand have looked the best team in hockey all year. Lots of speed and threats, their goaltender Darcy Kuemper is bang average usually but has been playing slightly better even dealing with a few injuries. But they have buckets of scorers, Nova Scotias Nathan MacKinnon being their chief threat along with Sweden’s Gabriel Landeskog who captains. Their playoff run though is down mainly to a reborn Nazem Kadri who came back from injury to score the OT winner tonight and Alberta wunderkind Cale Makar who won the Norris this year and is the best defence man in the league at just 23 and who looks to be an all time great in the making. They are 3-1 up now and are firing on all cylinders so will see it home from here.

1 Like

Minnesota Wild going well this year. Some goal last night from a lad called Johansson on the one minute mark.

Two game 7s today, Baaastan been taken all the way by Florida and later The defending champ Avs on the brink against the Seattle Kraken I. Their second year of existence

Half way through the fourth period of overtime here in Raleigh NC in game one of the eastern finals, 1:40am local time

Was watching the Ice Hockey World Cup in Finland & Latvia. They love their hockey over in Central Europe

I saw that a few days ago.
Surely they’re just going through the motions.

I could be wrong here but there either has to be a qualified doctor present at all NHL games or the club doctor has to be trained in major blood vessel lacerations.

There was an incident a good few years ago in the NHL where a goalie suffered a major neck cut and was pupping blood. God knows how he did it but he had the composure to skate to the doctor straight away, rather than wait for the doctor to come on the ice to him. They reckon that the few seconds spared there saved his life.