NLP & Meditation

[QUOTE=ā€œKinvaraā€™s Passion, post: 929551, member: 686ā€]Yes pal. But it wont last beyond the 40 days.

Will be going bulletproof shortly.[/QUOTE]

Intrigued by this bullet proof malarkey.

it is effectively coffee with full fat cream

[QUOTE=ā€œKinvaraā€™s Passion, post: 929508, member: 686ā€]Its not easy staying on top of it all pal but a clear mind and indeed more importantly uninhibited supply of oxygen to the brain certainly makes things easier. Lump in a stable blood sugar level with this and is then becomes pretty difficult to stop you in your tracks.

Another de-stresser would be where you spend 15 minutes going back in your mind to your favorite place. Say you are dealing with a bunch of Indian testers who JUST WONT FUCKING DO WHAT YOU TELL THEM. Donā€™t fretā€¦ climb that hill, jump in the riverā€¦ feel the water dripping off you, smell the fresh grass (the edible stuff @carryharry ) , hear those beeā€™s faintly buzzing around the dandelions, pick up a handfull of clay and smell itā€¦

Now as your leaving that special placeā€¦ the mind is crystal clear. Thatā€™s the time to nail those Indian cunts good and proper.

Bit like Frank Underwood getting off his rowing machine if you like.[/QUOTE]

That is very interesting bro. Great to hear you get benefit from it.

I have tried all that stuff but I couldnā€™t take to it at all. Maybe it is just not for me.

I do use mindfulness to a certain degree around my thoughts. I watch my thoughts entering my head and go again as I refuse to give them any attention. That was a big breakthrough for me.

[QUOTE=ā€œfarmerinthecity, post: 929566, member: 24ā€]That is very interesting bro. Great to hear you get benefit from it.

I have tried all that stuff but I couldnā€™t take to it at all. Maybe it is just not for me.

I do use mindfulness to a certain degree around my thoughts. I watch my thoughts entering my head and go again as I refuse to give them any attention. That was a big breakthrough for me.[/QUOTE]
Dr Steve says you donā€™t have to follow your thoughts

Grass fed butter and coconut oil.

Yep - butter (that we get here) is more or less solid cream (that we get here)

the fat keeps you full and a big cup of caffeine provides energy

there is some bro science going on about toxin free coffee and coconut oil is supposed to be good for you but it is very strong tasting and put me off when I cooked with it

Itā€™s mad when you take that view just how much shit you see pass through your brain.

All negative without any evidence of occuring.

Iā€™m happy Iā€™m in a place where I can see all that happening. Being stuck in the midst of depression doesnā€™t lend itself to such an objective viewpoint being taken however.

[QUOTE=ā€œfarmerinthecity, post: 929575, member: 24ā€]Itā€™s mad when you take that view just how much shit you see pass through your brain.

Iā€™m happy Iā€™m in a place where I can see all that happening. Being stuck in the midst of depression doesnā€™t lend itself to such an objective viewpoint being taken however.[/QUOTE]
Yeah it is actually life changing - just that simple revelation - agreed on the depression point - it is not a panacea and I do wonder about how it works when faced with tough events in life like bereavement or illness although the theory is the same

Dr Steveā€™s book goes into how everything goes to what he calls the ā€œchimpā€ part of your brain first and once you learn to control your ā€œchimpā€ then life is a lot happier. The chimp is emotional and drives impulsive, destructive behaviour based on impressions and feelings.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H0Sow24CAQs

[QUOTE=ā€œfarmerinthecity, post: 929575, member: 24ā€]Itā€™s mad when you take that view just how much shit you see pass through your brain.

Iā€™m happy Iā€™m in a place where I can see all that happening. Being stuck in the midst of depression doesnā€™t lend itself to such an objective viewpoint being taken however.[/QUOTE]

Good to hear it kid- The people you surround yourself with also plays apart in this- Let in the good, filter out the bad.

But going back to the mindā€¦ I used to suffer terrible panic attacks at one stage for months on end, I think it was a hangover from drugs (smoke/pills) taken a for a few years pervious, but maybe it was other issues, who knowsā€¦ Every other night they would start, heart beating through my chest, eventually gasping for air, convinced I was going to dieā€¦ Until eventually I just told myself it was something physical in the body working its way through me, i let the panic attack pass, noting what it was doing, but telling myself it was not real, I was in no danger and eventually I mastered them until I eventually laughed at them! The mind is frightful but awesome.

[QUOTE=ā€œMark Renton, post: 929586, member: 1796ā€]Good to hear it kid- The people you surround yourself with also plays apart in this- Let in the good, filter out the bad.

But going back to the mindā€¦ I used to suffer terrible panic attacks at one stage for months on end, I think it was a hangover from drugs (smoke/pills) taken a for a few years pervious, but maybe it was other issues, who knowsā€¦ Every other night they would start, heart beating through my chest, eventually gasping for air, convinced I was going to dieā€¦ Until eventually I just told myself it was something physical in the body working its way through me, i let the panic attack pass, noting what it was doing, but telling myself it was not real, I was in no danger and eventually I mastered them until I eventually laughed at them! The mind is frightful but awesome.[/QUOTE]

To be honest mate my caffeine ban coincided with me starting to listen to Marty Whelan in the mornings. So I am finding it really difficult to track which of these changes has brought around recent good vibes.

[QUOTE=ā€œMark Renton, post: 929586, member: 1796ā€]Good to hear it kid- The people you surround yourself with also plays apart in this- Let in the good, filter out the bad.

But going back to the mindā€¦ I used to suffer terrible panic attacks at one stage for months on end, I think it was a hangover from drugs (smoke/pills) taken a for a few years pervious, but maybe it was other issues, who knowsā€¦ Every other night they would start, heart beating through my chest, eventually gasping for air, convinced I was going to dieā€¦ Until eventually I just told myself it was something physical in the body working its way through me, i let the panic attack pass, noting what it was doing, but telling myself it was not real, I was in no danger and eventually I mastered them until I eventually laughed at them! The mind is frightful but awesome.[/QUOTE]

Terrific attitude mate.

Dr Claire Weekes was on about this back in the 60s and 70s. She said that with any type of fear or bad feeling there are two elements. 1. the actual fear itself which was generally some sort of chemical drive which was unpleasant but couldnā€™t harm you. Then there was the killer, second fear. This was the bad feeling about having the bad feeling. This is where the damage was done.

Her whole idea was DO NOT ADD SECOND FEAR, as first fear would just die away if it got no reaction.

Again, adding depression to the mix completely clouds all that but it is terrific for anxiety.

Ruby Wax did a gig/talk in Limerick last night about the power of mind and over-coming depression based on her own experiencesā€¦ was talking to a lady who was at it and she said it was powerful stuff and pretty much what we were all talking about here yesterday from the bits she told meā€¦ it was Rubyā€™s only Irish date however, but sounds like a great show.

great free e-book called the Flinch - on amazon I think

How our minds stop us doing things

About feeling that Flinch and powering through

From the guy who wrote the Flinch

[INDENT]

[SIZE=6][U]How to Deal With Arrogant People[/U][/SIZE]

I was mid-way through writing a post about this when I realized I had [U]already written one in 2010[/U].
Regardless, here is my take on the issue from 2013, since I wrote it already. :slight_smile:
It will always happen that you meet nay-sayers, disbelievers, or just straight up rotten, arrogant people.
No matter how far up or down you are on the food chain, there is always someone who thinks they are better than you. It never ceases. Trust me.
And no matter what stage youā€™re at, itā€™s especially true when youā€™re starting a new project.
When you start something, [U]no one cares[/U].
They donā€™t understand your dream, they donā€™t care about it, and further, they are often too busy, too in their head and defending their position, to care. Evidence be damned.
So get used to it. It happens.
What I want to give you today is an attitude to take when you meet these people, one that helps you stay calm, respectful, and composed.
The attitude to take is ā€“ ā€œWe will meet again, and when we do, things will be different.ā€
Use it like a mantra. Hereā€™s what this does.
One
, it makes you feel like youā€™ll get your comeuppance. No matter how badly someone treats you, youā€™ll be in a position of higher power later. This is immediately calming / reassuring.
Two, it makes you think twice before being an asshole back. Because youā€™ll meet again, youā€™ll want to be graceful instead of defensive. (Usually people act worse when they know itā€™s a one-off.)
In effect, you are using your future position to secure your present state of mind.
Try it next time youā€™re confronted by rudeness. It works.[/INDENT]

A lady approached me at the bus stop this morning. She gave me a leaflet with something about meditation on it. I took it and had a read.

It said something about Good Friday and how Christ died for our sins.

I immediately binned it.

Iā€™ve started listening Brian Tracy - psychology of achievement audiobook

Pretty interesting stuff so far.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hDdRKi6qyiE

[QUOTE=ā€œKinvaraā€™s Passion, post: 942486, member: 686ā€]Iā€™ve started listening Brian Tracy - psychology of achievement audiobook

Pretty interesting stuff so far.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hDdRKi6qyiE
[/QUOTE]

whatā€™s ā€œachievementā€ pal ?..

Its whatever you want it to @Bisto mateā€¦

For some guys like @carryharry[/USER] it will be a full sales book at the end of a week, for guys like [USER=179]@artfoley it will be rubbing his hands together in glee as another man walks free.

The key is having the belief & the expectation to achieveā€¦ but you have got to like yourself first.