NLP & Meditation

[QUOTE=ā€œKinvaraā€™s Passion, post: 942507, member: 686ā€]Its whatever you want it to @Bisto mateā€¦

For some guys like @carryharry[/USER] it will be a full sales book at the end of a week, for guys like [USER=179]@artfoley it will be rubbing his hands together in glee as another man walks free.

The key is having the belief & the expectation to achieveā€¦ but you have got to like yourself first.[/QUOTE]

Whatā€™s achievement for you mate?

Per Dayā€¦

5 x Funny
3 x Winner
5 x Likes
3 x Agree

Youā€™re on your way for today pal!

[QUOTE=ā€œKinvaraā€™s Passion, post: 942507, member: 686ā€]

The key is having the belief & the expectation to achieveā€¦ but you have got to like yourself first.[/QUOTE]

interestingā€¦ would you see any link between people not liking themselves and ā€˜achievementā€™?.. hence the need to ā€˜achieveā€™ more and more to fill the empty void within ?..somebody always with a new goal and ā€™ expectation to achieveā€™ā€¦ whats the need for constant fulfillment?..is it really healthy ?.. To me we live in age where the amount of people lost in themselves is at its peakā€¦i think a lot of people wrongly label this as depression when the fact is depression is a totally different thingā€¦ its more a case of false godsā€¦

Thatā€™s a good post pal.

cheers pal, but youā€™re still my sworn enemyā€¦:smiley:

[QUOTE=ā€œKinvaraā€™s Passion, post: 942507, member: 686ā€]Its whatever you want it to @Bisto mateā€¦

For some guys like @carryharry[/USER] it will be a full sales book at the end of a week, for guys like [USER=179]@artfoley it will be rubbing his hands together in glee as another man walks free.

Or as Whitney Houston put it ā€œlearning to love yourself that is the greatest love of allā€

Very good point.

And yes your right. Thats why liking yourself is fundamental building block that has to be in place before any sort of achievement is possible.

I think if you are bright as a kid or fast or good at sport you receive lots of positive feedback from teachers, coaches etc.

As you grow up, get older, get a job that yearning for praise from an authority figure (client, boss etc) stays with you and people chase it. FFS we do it a country - best fans, what did you think of us etc.

If you could switch off that ā€œneed to pleaseā€ ā€œneed to be praisedā€ and realise people donā€™t really think about you at all and you donā€™t need to get a pat on the head from them then you would be a lot more content.

[QUOTE=ā€œTheUlteriorMotive, post: 942558, member: 2272ā€]I think if you are bright as a kid or fast or good at sport you receive lots of positive feedback from teachers, coaches etc.

As you grow up, get older, get a job that yearning for praise from an authority figure (client, boss etc) stays with you and people chase it. FFS we do it a country - best fans, what did you think of us etc.

If you could switch off that ā€œneed to pleaseā€ ā€œneed to be praisedā€ and realise people donā€™t really think about you at all and you donā€™t need to get a pat on the head from them then you would be a lot more content.[/QUOTE]

You certainly donā€™t have a need to be praised given your posts on the Jean McConville thread.

[QUOTE=ā€œTheUlteriorMotive, post: 942558, member: 2272ā€]I think if you are bright as a kid or fast or good at sport you receive lots of positive feedback from teachers, coaches etc.

If you could switch off that ā€œneed to pleaseā€ ā€œneed to be praisedā€ and realise people donā€™t really think about you at all and you donā€™t need to get a pat on the head from them then you would be a lot more content.[/QUOTE]

thatā€™s very trueā€¦as a nation we do have an awful yearning to be liked ā€¦

Or as the great Damien Dempsey put it:

ā€œLove yourself today
Okay
Okay.ā€

@Little_Lord_Fauntleroy

Are you still using these techniques to propel yourself forward? Your recent triathlon achievement smells of NLP.

Tell me more mate, I feel I may have lost my way.

1 Like

Sadly not. I need to get back into it asap

I believe Dr Brian Lipton is the go to guy these days.

1 Like

TMS?

You wont get a reply from @Mark_Renton mate ā€¦ he meditated himself to Nirvanaā€¦ he was a monk in Tibet the last we heard.

3 Likes

Heā€™s dead right :+1: