North Korea

Harsh on Chicago.

1 Like

They won’t do anything without UN approval? Like Iraq?

You seem to think that a pre-emptive strike would be a relatively easy exercise. Just take out their command and control, whizz bang, problem sorted.
The DPRK have a decentralised command structure that is specifically arranged to avoid one strike (even one strike on multiple sites) taking them out completely. As soon as South Korea launched an attack, thousands of DPRK missiles, from multiple sites, would be in the air on their way to Seoul and reach it within minutes.
The only way to take them out is a nuclear strike. That’s not going to happen, no matter what bluster President Orangutang comes out with. There is a command structure within the US military that would not allow it to happen. Anyone who thinks Trump can just breezily order a nuclear strike is dreaming.
The consequences of a pre-emptive strike on an ally of China, right on their doorstep, would be very very bad.
Trump coming out with his fire and fury the likes of which the world has never seen bollocks is stupid on so many, many levels. No one believes him, he just looks like a tool (even more of a tool), it just ratchets up the threat levels and pisses off the Chinese.

The first war with Iraq, which was the one I referenced, was sanctioned by the UN. The similarities are worth examining. Saddam believed he could occupy his neighbors and not face serious sanctions, as in Hitler 1938. He got his ass handed to him. NK believe they can threaten their neighbors with nuclear weapons, so we have a choice just as in 1991.

In 1991, we could have waited for Saddam to move across the Saudi border, making the conflict a much more complex and broader one. We choose to bomb the shit out of him and destroy his capability to invade anyone. I honestly believe something similar is justified here, befit this NK madman starts a world war. China will do nothing if he is taken out.

You are simply wrong, from a military strategy standpoint. Even without the support of the US, South Korea’s Air Force is far superior to NK. They would wipe out NK’s Air Force and air defenses in hours. There is no way NK would launch an all out assault on Seoul as that would necessitate a nuclear response. Then it’s truly over.

The most likely scenario is South Korea with US backup launch an air war and wipe out NK’s Air Force and command and control while they are still trying to figure out how to defend. It would be like the 6 day war in 1967.

@Little_Lord_Fauntleroy, the military expert is doing it again

1 Like

:joy:

NK have just announced they are seriously considering a nuclear strike on Guam.
Bring it bitchez.

1 Like

I hope you meant Tuam?

9 Likes

That would be nice as well

@anon7035031 will look like some chump for defending Trump when he ends the World in a nuclear holocaust. I hope the internet and myself are both around long enough for me to bump this post after the fact.

4 Likes

I think its time to put petty differences aside, and for us all to row in behind President Trump during these tumultuous times.

You could declare Limerick the All Ireland Hurling Champions of 2018 as well.

I’ve had this long running fantasy about being the only person left on the planet, going to Belfast and declaring a 32 county Irish republic in Stormont and the imminent invasion of Britain. It would be great of you could all fuck off and leave me to it.

1 Like

Start building your nuclear bunker now and stock up on iodine tablets.:grinning: Kim is itching to try out his new toy.

So this is it, the distraction for the Donald? Could be interesting.

Should be no shortage of popcorn after they nuke the corn fields

1 Like

By my calculations of the power of the nuclear bombs, predicted wind directions, radioactivity levels, etc, Ireland will be the only country to survive the upcoming WW3.

Trump being mugged off goodo.

If they start flying, you’d probably be better off in South America or Africa.

It’d be just our luck that the wind would be blowing the wrong way the day they start flying.

Tick the nuclear fallout option on the below and move the wind sock around.

I’ll be heading as far West as I can anyway, camp out on Valentia Island or something.

Spain looks in the red there to me pal.