Not another Trump thread, zzzzz

More delusion. I am not a member of any political party and have never been a member of a political party, either here or in Ireland. I am an independent (you know someone who can think for themselves, rather than relying on BuzzFeed) who has voted Democrat far more often than Republican, both locally and nationally.

I’m certainly capable of the odd bit of nonsense alright, but I’d like to think that my much more regular sensible contributions more than outweigh them, and believe me, my views are very much in the majority in this country, whereas yours are that of a soup taking imperialist nut job.

I wouldn’t be too worried about what a load of far right trolls think.

Believe me on these things, and I’m deadly serious.

You aren’t a “centrist” - you’re about as far away from such as is possible.

You aren’t a good debater.

You contradict yourself so regularly that one could only presume you’re doing so deliberately, although I know that isn’t the case.

You do have a genuine racism problem, as is demonstrated over and over and over again on this forum. Just look at how you’ve refused to engage in this exchange on the subject, both as regards your own racism and that of the Republican party. All you have on the subject is the standard alt-right playbook - throw mud and run away. I absolutely skewered you on a thread you opened last week and you had no comeback at all.

It’s really rather boring engaging with somebody who fancies themselves as an “intellect” yet has nothing more than standard partisan barstool blather to throw.

If you had even visited the US and talked to people here, you would know my views are perfectly consistent with most people here, leaning left on social issues and right on fiscal issues. The fact you claim to be some kind of expert on the US is derisory given you have never been in the fucking country. At least many on here have visited, and several have lived here.

Your views are not in the majority in Ireland, you are confusing the tiny idiot Twitterati minority like yourself with what most people actually think. You can see what people in Ireland think by the way they vote, the great majority vote for center or center right parties. Fringe nutcase hard left Marxists have close to zero support in Ireland, actually not just in Ireland they have been losing ground throughout Europe as people have woken up to their utter bullshit.

Most people in Ireland know very little about the US, and form their opinions based on whatever media source they read, mostly online these days. The Irish media swallow hook line and sinker the rhetoric from liberal (and now openly left wing) sources in the US like CNN and MSNBC, who are so biased as to now have zero credibility. You of course go one step further and swallow whatever garbage BuzzFeed publishes or whatever horseshit some fellow nutter on Twitter posts.

The fact that you are now resorting only to ad hominem demonstrates you are, once again, a beaten docket.

You are not a centrist in any sense of the word.

The problem with you is that you exist in a such a bubble, that you have no idea what actual centrism is.

The Labour party in Ireland is centrist. The Liberal Democrats are centrist. Much of the UK Labour party is centrist. The majority of western European governments are centrist. Most of the Democratic party in the US is centrist.

The Republican party, which you support, is a far right party both in the US and by comparison to pretty much every other democratic country in the world.

This is obvious to all but the most blinkered idiots.

You’re the type of person who would have said that any German in the 1940s who wasn’t expressly in favour of the Holocaust was a “centrist”, even if they favoured forced public identification by Jews and deportation.

In fact that’s exactly the same logic you use to try and make out that those who still support Trump even after three and a half years of sustained racism, misogynism, corruption and criminality, are not racist, or happy to tolerate racism, which is the same thing.

Read Timothy Snyder’s “On Tyranny” or listen to any of the podcasts he’s done - I know you love Sam Harris - he’s done one with him. You clearly need to educate yourself in a big way about what is going on.

People know more these days than they ever did. You can see the growth of economys, national debt anything you want in 20 seconds. What are you talking about?

All he has is to shout emptily, “Marxist” or “Communist” or “Nazi”, which is terribly ironic given he exudes such authoritarianism with every post.

He’d actually do well do to read some Marxism, because whatever about its solutions, which I generally disagree with, because I’m not a Marxist, Marxism certainly identifies the problems in today’s societies and economies, perhaps better than anything else today, and undeniably in a far more cogent manner than the jaded, cliched and utterly wrong analysis of reactionary right capitalists.

In fact this even admitted by that pillar of capitalist orthodoxy, The Economist magazine.

The average person in Ireland knows very little about the US, I base that claim on people I have spoken to in Ireland and what I read online by Irish people (not just here). They may know more than they did, but clearly everything they know is based on what they read on FB.

I know that Tom Brady isn’t finished and you said he was.

Don’t bother.

Yet it seems you know much less.

I wouldn’t want to tar the average Irish person living in the US by grouping them with you.

And your knowledge of Ireland is smaller again, given that you so laughably compared the Republican party to Fine Gael the other night. I’m no fan of Fine Gael, but the two aren’t even on the same planet in terms of politics. I’d say it’s a long, long time since you’ve spent any serious time here or educated yourself about what’s going on in the country. It shows.

This from the poster who lionises social media, ridicules actual journalism and gets their views mostly from social media and right wing infotainment.

You couldn’t make it up.

It’s laughable that you now claim to be a centrist.

You are a hard leftist, and sorry I don’t buy your claim of not being a Marxist, any more than Jeremy Corbyn, who in typical spineless manner won’t say either way. We do know he is an anti-Semite though as he stood at a commemoration for the animals who killed the Jewish athletes at the Olympics.

If you think the Republican party is a far right party, you are simply an idiot who buys into whatever garbage you read on Twitter. The great majority of Republican voters are centrists, center right but centrists. I actually live in the US, and know hundreds of people who are Republicans, many of them registered Republicans. Not one of them are far right or racist, not one. The only racists I have even encountered socially or in the workplace, other than a few ignorant Irish racists, was overt hatred from hispanics towards blacks and visa versa.

You views are those of an uneducated moron, sadly typical of the Twitter generation.

Says the guy who gets his news from BuzzFeed and Vox and swallows it without question :joy:

Where did I say that? I think you’re confusing me with @anon61878697 :joy:

@sidney is the greatest mind on US politics I have ever encountered.

I didn’t claim to be centrist, I’m unashamedly left wing in both an economic and social sense.

Unfortunately your views of left wing politics are so coloured by your fear and insularity into a ridiculous straw man caricature that they aren’t worth engaging with.

You only have the ability to see the world through straw man caricatures, because that’s what you’ve cornered yourself into being.

1 Like

Of course he is, @Sidney alter ego.

I deal with reality.

For the last three years, you’ve made a conscious decision to do the exact opposite.

@sidney is also a champion love maker

Show us the evidence, pal.