Nothing says Cork like

Boooooom! Spill the beans there @EstebanSexface. Were locals using macs nose as a sundial?

1 Like

Snitches get stitches

A special train to Youghal

Cc @Corksfinedtboy @backinatracksuit

1 Like

1 Like

Nothing says Cork like a Chester cake🤙

That’s a bit of donkeys gudge, they call it Chester cake on the Douglas road, Rochestown and Montenotte

Norrie express

Chester cake also in Blackrock/ Bishopstown, advertised in the market 40 plus years ago as Chester, few pence , necessary whilst on the lang

Me bollix, I know a fair bit about the first place you mentioned,

Donkeys gudge

Don’t know it as much as me mo chara, and as we’re amongst the oldest of Blackrock families I stand my ground (doesent matter it’s lovely whatever it’s called)

Have you lost your mind? :open_mouth:

Not as far as I know, unless you’ve information that I don’t have

I’d know it as Chester Cake :yum:

1 Like

Fucking weirdos

9 Likes

Could you explain what they’re arguing about please.

The Carkies are fierce tribal. @Corksfinedtboy’s lot (south city townies for 500 years ) have one name for a disgusting looking cake. @backinatracksuit’s lot (slightly different part of the exact same place for as long) call the shit cake something else. There’s no fudging the issue unfortunately.

2 Likes

What’s chester cake?

We used to get this

In Michael Connolly’s shop in Barrack Street in Waterford. We called it Chester Bread. It was a very heavy brown paste made with bakery leftovers and raisins between two slices of pastry. You’d only buy it if the vanilla slices and cream buns were gone.

I believe it is called Gur Cake in Dublin.

3 Likes

So it’s not a Carkie thing??

Jesus Christ they’ll have a serious meltdown over this. How are they supposed to express their Corkness if other places have these things too? More sombreros, slang words and sexual deviancy perhaps

Wasn’t there a similar Limerick based argument before on Bread sauce or something like that?