November International Series

Aussie team for tuesday night

L Turner; R Davies, P McCabe, A Faingaa, L Morahan; B Barnes (capt), L Burgess; B Daley, S Faingaa, S Maā€™afu, D Mumm, R Simmons, S Higginbotham, M Hodgson, R Brown.

Replacements: T Polota-Nau, J Slipper, V Humphries, P McCutcheon, N Phipps, M Giteau, P Hynes.

Will Connacht be writing a play about the night they beat Samoa?

Hardly iā€™d say

Johnno has moulded a powerful English pack in his own image. England will yet again be the standard bearers for the Northern Hemisphere in next years World Cup and will be real contenders.

Ireland are regressing alarmingly under Declan Kidney. Will be a dog fight with Italy in Dunedin to get out of the group come the World Cup.

Earls is going to play for Munster by the sounds of it.

Seems like we werenā€™t beaten fair and square by South Africa. Iā€™m always surprised at the low profile of doping in a sport like rugby. Wonder if itā€™s a reflection on how clean the sport is or a reflection on testing policies and the cosy relationships between the IRB and the national unions and then the very cosy relationship between the national unions and the players.

South Africa rugby players suspended after failing doping tests

The South Africa rugby players Chiliboy Ralepelle and Bjorn Basson have been suspended after failing doping tests following the international against Ireland.

The South African Rugby Union said today that the players tested positive for the banned stimulant methylhexaneamine, which has amphetamine-like properties, after the 23-21 win at the Aviva Stadium on 6 November. The players can still have their ā€œBā€ sample tested.

The World Anti-Doping Agency recently loosened the classification of methylhexaneamine, beginning next year, to the ā€œspecified stimulantā€ list, which covers drugs more susceptible to inadvertent use and can carry reduced penalties.

Methylhexaneamine was sold as a medicine until the early 1970s and has reappeared in nutritional supplements and cooking oils.

Eli Lilly filed its patent for methylhexaneamine in 1944, intending it to be used as a nasal decongestant, though it has since has been marketed as a dietary supplement in combination with caffeine and other ingredients and can act as a general purpose stimulant.

Several athletes tested positive for the substance during the 2010 Commonwealth Games in India. Nigeriaā€™s Oludamola Osayomi was stripped of her 100m gold medal after her B sample confirmed a positive test, while her compatriot Samuel Okon was disqualified from the Games and his sixth place in the 110m hurdles nullified.

Munster team for tomorrow night.

strong team despite missing the international players. although there is a share of inexperience at 4,5 and 6.

peter borlase makes his debut.

15 Johne Murphy
14 Doug Howlett
13 Keith Earls
12 Sam Tuitupou
11 Denis Hurley
10 Paul Warwick
9 Duncan Williams
1 Wian Du Preez
2 Damien Varley
3 Peter Borlase
4 Billy Holland
5 Ian Nagle
6 Peter Oā€™Mahony
7 Niall Ronan
8 James Coughlan (captain)

Replacements: 16 Mike Sherry, 17 Stephen Archer, 18 Alan Quinlan/Brian Hayes, 19 Tommy Oā€™Donnell, 20 Conor Murray, 21 Scott Deasy, 22 Barry Murphy.

I see Tomas Oā€™Leary is back in near full training, heā€™s surely not far off a return.

with the help of god mcgahan will see sense and leave him out of the team permanently.

I have not seen a single minute of Irelands last 2 games but if Micko starts on Saturday then Kidney should be taken out and shot

Joke that this story about Chiliboy Ralepelle and Bjorn Basson is treated like an after thought. If this happened in a sport like cycling weā€™d never hear the end of it (and rightly so). These guys look as though they were involved in premeditated cheating to gain an unfair advantage. I suspect there is an awful lot more doping going on in the sport too. The controls are a million miles away from what happens in cycling anyway. Rugby is a sport where using prohibited substances can lead to a huge advantage. Time for media to wake up to that fact. I await the outcry in tomorrowā€™s papers but suspect I wonā€™t get it. Suits to many people to keep this one as low profile as possible. Rugby badly needs a Paul Kimmage.

I wonder is this Aussie game a bit early for some of those Munster players, they are not as experienced as the lads who filled in for the NZ game 2 years ago.

Not 100% how the Aussies are, but they have a number of class acts i have seen that are playing.

Ryan got a three week ban and Cullen has been sent back to Leinster for the ML gameā€¦Looking like Micko/Toner for the lock spot :rolleyes:

Toner please. Either way weā€™re fucked but Toner will get more out of the fucking.

Agreed. May as well give ourselves a sporting chance in the lineout even if weā€™ll be killed elsewhere.

Toner will be eaten alive by the All Blacks. Saying that heā€™s a better choice than Micko.

Based on what exactly?

I have time for Toner, but you are basing his selection on your weird dislike of MOD.

Hab baba buka buka ee a ee a ooooh shiminme shiminem

Which part of my post are you asking about?

MOD has never performed at international level and has never shown that he is international quality.

Toner is still fairly rough around the edges and while he is a great lineout option he can still be a bit useless around rucks and he doesnā€™t throw his weight around as much as youā€™d like. This part of his game is improving though but heā€™s never faced opposition before of the quality he would face on Saturday if he starts. He should start IMO as we know what weā€™ll get from Micko which is SFA and playing Toner in micky mouse matches against Samoa isnā€™t going to do anything for him. If he can deliver a decent performance on Saturday at least we know weā€™ve got a great prospect on our hands.

Bandage has been calling for Devon Toner to get his chance for the past 18 months.