November Rugby Internationals (aka Kev - "Should BOD be dropped?")

Why should they? Amhrán na bhFiann is not the anthem of the island of Ireland.

Can I also ask the forum, who is the fat bollocks with the shit dyed blonde hair playing for Ireland who can’t run? What’s his deal?

1 Like

The greatest ever Eire soccer that went to the World Cup in 1990 had 15 of the squad of 22 from Great Britain. We were finding out years later that the likes of Tony Cascarino didn’t even have the requisite great grand parent to qualify.

1 Like

He’s a fat lad who cant run, what else would he do for a living?

2 Likes

That’s Ernie Porter’s young fellow. Ernie is from Kildavin and was on the County Carlow, 1977 Towns Cup winning team. Wasn’t there a fellow on here one time that was from Kildavin?

3 Likes

Are you sad davy tweed wasn’t alive to see it

4 Likes

They may do so one day. It may be at the next World Cup.

You don’t know what historical baggage there is in Ireland? Really? Or is this some INTERNET debating strategy?

1 Like

County Carlow has an outstanding rugby heritage. Would you know Sean O’Brien’s people?

1 Like

As it relates to the Irish rugby team? I’m afraid not

That’s a terrible indictment in fairness.

1 Like

That’s surprising.

1 Like

No. Don’t know the O’Brien’s. They’re Fighting Cocks direction, Tullow Rugby Club.

I’d know the Porters though. My father played rugby with Ernie and was friendly with him. Ernie would have been starting out when my father was finishing up in his veteran days.

Ernie lost the wife to cancer when Andrew was maybe 13 or 14. Andrew understandably took it very hard and he went off the rails a bit for a while. He’s a good fellow though. He spent a good bit of time then down on the uncles farm in Kildavin in the home place and that got him back on track.

1 Like

Agree Henshaw is our best 12 by far but he’s even better at 13. Ringrose is judged on Leinster form and his potential for Ireland, he really doesn’t offer much.

Still hugely reliant on 36 year old Johnny Sexton though. No coincidence that we’ve embarked on a 7 game winning run upon his return having been beaten by Wales and France in his absence. He’s a huge upgrade on Billy Burns. Great to have Carbery back.

Must be at least 4 professional rugby players from Carlow these days. 2 at London Irish, 1 at Connaught and Ed Byrne is still at Leinster too I think?

The Dublin final was a brilliant game of the very highest quality, but I’m sickened na Fianna lost.

2 Likes

Sexton is an all time great. He ran the show for the first hour yesterday before he went off.

1 Like

Goalie

Strongly disagree. Aki-Henshaw are our best 12-13 by a distance.

1 Like