November Rugby Internationals (aka Kev - "Should BOD be dropped?")

Football is the most popular in participation levels in Australia.
Aussie rules is the most popular with spectators.

No.

Yes

How is it a minority sport?

Do you know what the difference between plurality and majority?

It’s not the majority sport.

What isn’t?

You said that cricket is a minority sport, it’s up to you to back that up.

Cricket, Aussie Rules and Rugby League are comfortably the three most popular sports in Australia. Australia has numerous sports all with quite a bit of popularity and various strengths. Across the KPIs, cricket is up there.

I back it up.

You seem to get hot and bothered about the positioning of how insignificant rugby is in a global sphere. I’m sorry the truth upsets you.

More people play table tennis in china than play soccer worldwide.

Incorrect

Disclaimer: some West Brits may find the above article unsettling

No you haven’t.

How is it a minority sport?

It is one of the best attended, most watched on tv with one of the most lucrative tv contracts in Australia, has high participation numbers and one of the most culturally significant.

The idea that is a minority sport is laughable, said by someone who admits to never going there.

What is the majority sport there?

It’s not the majority sport.

Football is in terms of participation.

AFL in terms of spectators.

What would be the top sport in each of the 10 most populous countries?

Cricket obviously in India, Pakistan and Bangladesh.

Table tennis in China?

Baseball in the US and Japan.

Soccer in Brazil and Nigeria

Badminton in Indonesia?

Would it be soccer or ice hockey in Russia?

Maths would be the most popular sport in China.

The hilarity of you calling people West Brits when you go to bat for your beloved association football is hilarious.

Anyone who has been to Australia will tell you that cricket is one of the most popular sports in Australia, by every conceivable KPI.

You don’t seem to know what a minority sport.

You also don’t seem to know what the difference between majority and plurality is.

1 Like

I’m sorry you are upset but I don’t make the truth, it tells itself.

Calcio is my game.

1 Like

That is where it is interesting in the US.

American football is the clear most popular sport, but participation wouldn’t necessarily reflect that. It is far easier to player soccer, basketball or even softball. But in high schools the best athletes will gravitate towards American football and basketball, with the former being the sport of choice for most imo.

Attendances wouldn’t reflect that either, as American football has such limited schedules.

Soccer has big participation numbers, but often the duds and Mexican immigrants.

You said it was a minority sport.

What is the majority sport?

There is no sport with over 50% participation or attendances, or viewers.

Claiming cricket is a minority sport in Australia, Christ on a bike. :grin:

Gas cunts.

2 Likes

It is a minority sport.

In the absence of @Sidney, the “my-sport-has-bigger-numbers-than-your-sport-using-metrics-of-my-choosing” debates are the heartbeat of this forum.

:joy::rofl: