NZ, UK, US, Sweden, Poland & Cheese eating surrender Monkeys approaches to Covid-19

Utter horseshit. If Wuhan has been shut down in late December it would never have spread beyond there. As it was the wankers in the CCP allowed 5 million leave Wuhan between end of December and 23rd of January when they finally locked down.

The chances of this type of outbreak happening in a western country are fairly slim as we don’t have the disgusting animal slaughtering and handling practices common in China and surrounding countries.

10 Likes

I don’t believe this for one second. Remember foot and mouth? BSE?

What are you basing that on though? The first known case in the US was in Washington state in mid January. Washington has a population of 8 million, so 60% more than Ireland. They have 1,594 deaths, compared to Ireland at 1,763 deaths. So Washington did a much better job than Ireland.

It’s a bit of a pointless exercise, but I think we can safely say if it had started in a European country or the US, it wouldn’t be covered up and lied about for the critical first month.

“this type of outbreak”. How many people did foot and mouth and BSE kill?

This type? So you get to change the metric based on whatever you like? Well then this can’t be as bad because they didn’t cancel Cheltenham for covid but they did for foot and mouth. That’s my horsey metric.
Your point was about poor animal handling standards. They are bad everywhere because processes are refined to bursting point for profitability. Sure the Spanish flu started in America. I’d imagine that would fit your ‘this type’ metric.

My goodness, that’s one all over the shop post.

“This type of outbreak” refers to respiratory diseases caused by viruses that jump from animals to humans. Literally every seasonal flu in history originated in China from poultry or swine. There are a few exceptions and obviously they can start anywhere, but they are more likely to start where animal handling and slaughtering practices are so lax. Wet markets are literally breeding grounds for zootonic diseases.

The origin of the Spanish flu is not known, but the most compelling evidence suggests China. I could explain it to you but you wouldn’t understand it.

The relevant point on BSE and foot and mouth is they were quickly suppressed with minimal loss of human life. That negates the original point that the idiot glas made.

Must say this reasoned measured approach from @Tierneevin1979 is a serious upgrade on that other reactionary lad that used to lash out every other post here. Kudos

Have I got a bang on the head and woken up last March?

1 Like

I’ll engage with you tomorrow boss. I’m tired now.

Glorious! And you said mine was an all over the shop post…

3 Likes

Are you developing into an English Nazi? I used the word literally in its hyperbolic sense, you don’t have to take it literally.

Trump ‘you can’t do that’ when apples are compared with apples. :smiley::smiley:

2 Likes

Or the viral experimental laboratories.

1 Like

I think the point I was trying to make was that if it had broken in the states, Trump would not have taken it seriously from the outset and by the time he did, untold would have been done. Now listen, you live over there so I’ll bow to your superior knowledge

:laughing:

I think one of the A4 sheets was blank.

Trump may not have taken it seriously but local health officials would. Washington is only one example, a sizable majority of US states have done much better than the likes of the UK, Spain, Italy and France in terms of deaths. The real issue is how widespread the virus had already spread in densely populated areas in January - February, whether in the US eastern seaboard or western Europe. That was the real failure, not recognizing how contagious and widespread it was early enough. That was a failure of health officials globally, especially the WHO.

1 Like

RIP US economy.

Hopes for a V shaped recovery are in the dust as it’s now apparent job losses that were expected to be temporary are now permanent. 52 million Americans have filed for unemployment since February. Back in April 80% of those that had lost their jobs expected to be back at work within a month or two, that number is now 50%. In June 19% of small businesses had closed, that number is now 25%. Meanwhile the clowns in Washington can’t agree on whether they need to borrow another $1T, $2T or $3T to keep the show on the road for another few months.

We are on life support, I give it 2-3 months to complete collapse.

2 Likes

Time to come home mate. Have you considered buying in Kildare?

No mate, I’d put it in my least favored places to live category. But yes, Ireland is starting to look attractive.

2 Likes

It’ll be great to have you back mate.

2 Likes