NZ, UK, US, Sweden, Poland & Cheese eating surrender Monkeys approaches to Covid-19

Are you fucking mental? You get a pass on here regularly because it’s Sid that is abusing you so people turn off but this is up there with the craziest shit people on here have come out with.

The response of ‘the Left’ has been weird? Boris is willing to adjust as things unfold?!? Boris and Trump are the only 2 leaders who have gone on record saying this virus is insignificant/hoax/Not an issue. They have both rowed back faster than a Cark cunt hitting the English market when the queen is in town.
Boris is adjusting??? The cunt is an idiot fuckwit and will end up resigning because of how many English people he engineers the death of with his negligence.
And you want to talk about corbyn, you lunatic.

15 Likes

Do you think Corbyn would be doing a better job?

Who would be doing a better job in Ireland right now other than the current government?

Corbyn is simply irrelevant at this time. It is pure whataboutery to even mention him, revealing the deeper views held.

7 Likes

The people that are there are frozen there now. They’ve got to deal with. You can come up with hypotheticals and try score political points afterwards

He definitely would but you should bring that to the other thread. It’s your anger that’s the issue here

Have to agree. His posts are usually informative but to now take the opportunity to patter on about political differences quickly makes him look the other cheek of the same arse as his sparring buddy.

The fact there was clearly considerable time and craft put to penning it shows the author was just waiting to spring his right wing rhetoric

Shame @anon7035031 as you’ve been a solid source on this subject to now

1 Like

He isn’t irrelevant as there are people who genuinely believe he would be doing a better job, just as there are people who genuinely believe Sinn Fein would be doing a better job in Ireland. Both beliefs are insane.

Objection, conjecture

Is it possible to do a worse job than Johnson? Think hard now

Why would I care about what sort of job other people might make of this shitstorm.?? A bizarre line of thought entirely. Boris is PM. You think he is doing well on it. Fair enough. Time will tell (and very fucking quickly) when the numbers start coming in. I think we’ll find out that Boris is a shill for vested interests and will have caused the death of thousands with his inactivity. But we’ll see. I hope you’re right, for England’s sake.

3 Likes

It’s not right wing rhetoric, it’s called sanity. Every government right now is dealing with this as best they can, with the resources they have, and are all are taking the advice of the experts in their countries or internationally. However, there is no consistency from the experts on the best approach to containment and mitigation, which makes second guessing and outright opposition from amateurs so counterproductive.

For example not you, I, or anybody else has a notion of what the death count will be be in various countries based on the approaches being taken. The death count from the economy being destroyed is a factor, the death count from other diseases as health care facilities get overwhelmed is a factor, there are a multiple of overlapping factors.

To just state that Boris and Trump are responsible for killing thousands of people as July says is simply utter scaremongering and clueless, and that is the main politicizing that is going on by far.

1 Like

Do you think the Chinese government did a good job allowing 5 million people leave Wuhan and travel all over the world when they were aware of how serious this disease was?

Where did I say Boris Johnson is doing a good job?

I saw Juhunios post but saw it as saying Boris and Trump making mistakes that will cost lives, not any mention of right/left politics.

It’s you who has steamed in with the left/right claptrap citing what ifs about Corbyn etc.

The fight ain’t along party lines on this one.

1 Like

I don’t think Boris has been doing a good job. The priority should have been protecting those who are most vulnerable, by keeping them indoors and providing services to them.

On the specific point of herd immunity, most commenting on it haven’t a clue, including yourself I suspect. What do you think the impact will be if this disease continues to migrate around the world for six months, a year, overwhelming health care facilities for months, destroying every economy?

Then people should leave politics out of it, as I have up to my little rant. The shouting at how badly the government is doing in Ireland is indefensible, and coming from the expected quarters.

1 Like

Cool, genuinely do appreciate your posts on this subject and am glad to see you agree political rants can be parked til we’re wading out the other side of this mess.

Stay well.

1 Like

I didn’t ask you about China. I asked you is it possible for Johnson to do a worse job.

You’re deflection says enough

Thanks mate, on reflection I’ve deleted it.

This is what happens to the brain when you get old, it’s like you haunt yourself

Do you think Johnson himself came up with the response in the UK? He listened to the various recommendations from experts, and made a decision. A bad one, but there are experts who agree with what he said and did initially. I tend to judge based on actions rather than words, do you think Trump is making the decisions or those advising him? There are many world renowned experts who believe achieving herd immunity as quickly as possible is the correct approach. Yes, it sounds cruel and heartless, but their argument is the alternatives will have worse outcomes, including many more deaths not just from this virus. What we do know from other similar pandemics (the flu for example) is that to stop this virus, we must achieve herd immunity, whether it’s naturally or with a hoped for vaccine. It’s not going to just to go away because of the measures being taken. I believe that for now self isolation is the best approach, difficult as it is.

Have a read of this, it’s very thought provoking, even if you don’t agree with all of it. This lad is a professor of Medicine and Biomedical Data Science in Stanford, he knows more about the subject than most, and knows infinitely more than I know for example. His main point is that governments are making decisions based on unreliable data. We have absolutely no idea what the actual mortality rate is for example, yet the WHO announced it was 3.4% causing widespread panic.

1 Like