O’Byrne Cup, Walsh Cup and other sundry pre season provincial tournaments

Could 2023 Minor Footballer of the Year, Johnny McGuckian be allowed tog out for Glen on Sunday?

Still a 2023 competition so probably not but would be some rabbit to be able to pull from the hat.

He’ll have to go

Laois nearly got caught that way once in an league game against Wexford 3 years ago when Cheddar picked David Dooley to start but had to pull him just before throw in when it was realised.

Incidentally Dooley made his debut last night from the bench after a spell in the Leinster Rugby Academy.

Nah man

It would be epic shithousery if they threw him on and dared Crokes* to object.

They absolutely should

He’s toast

Shure even if he got the eight weeks he wouldn’t miss much and it would only add to his messiah/martyr complex

1 Like

Ah I doubt they’d impose any ban but me man wont be playing Senior county anyway this year.

The orange football is now a thing

It’s cold in Gracefield Park. Offaly 0.6 Dublin 0.2

Offaly backed from 15/8 into 8/15 is landing nicely.

Offaly laying down a serious marker so far

2 month ban for Big Jim

https://twitter.com/willocallaghan/status/1744416130398056920?s=46&t=YOfhVM10W0bcyIiYSLI3Wg

1 Like

Finbarr Roarty is a class of the genre: muldoon GGA player name.

You just know he’s got some cork in him

JUSTICE FOR JIM!

https://www.rte.ie/sport/football/2024/0112/1426132-jim-mcguinness-eight-week-ban-overturned-after-appeal/?fbclid=IwAR1PACuCUjkgipKwoG0fFfZwR8KSAEXktv4tUE5J50QmYx3j2TFe7SrgWIc_aem_AbRRP8BjmUe7VaP1bvFZDTq-RRNhvMaB7jMTKnT8azSNLfxKi4i4S_CSv_5rsu4lcpk

This is classic GAA

McGuinness was hit with a proposed suspensionbut he requested a hearing with the Ulster GAA hearings committee, which took place last night.

His appeal has been successful, with Donegal GAA confirming: "Following a request by Jim McGuinness to the Ulster hearings committee, the county secretary has been informed that the alleged infraction was not proven, and that no further disciplinary action is to be taken.

“We can now look forward to our McKenna cup semi-final against Monaghan on Sunday.”

How was the “alleged infraction not broken”?? The young lad played, he was underage, Jim was in charge. Fairly cut & dry!

Jim probably didnt sign the teamsheet.

He was the person in charge though.

Listen mate, Jim is in the clear. Jog on.