Obese Ireland

Are these Birdseye waffles ye are on about? I used to eat a lot of them as a young fella as well. Theyā€™re not great but they fill a gap in an emergency.

Mildly processed spuds.

They went down well anyway.

The amount of well educated normal people who give their small ones soft drinks is shocking.
I see it myself, 4 and 5 year olds getting cans of coke on a Sunday morning, the boot being emptied with 2/4/6/8 fucking litres of the stuff as it has become some sort of staple of the shopping list. I have 2 under 9 and neither have tasted anything carbonated. I have run the best of cunts out the gate having brought that poison into my home for my kids. How fucking dare they do that.
There is fuck all wring with a drop of niwadi in a glass of water. Or in my day a drop of blackcurrant in a glass of milk was as good as it got and it was fucking glorious.
Iā€™d jail cunts who give that poison to small infants.

findus crispy pancakes
angel delight
soda stream

[QUOTE=ā€œHBV*, post: 1135710, member: 234ā€]The amount of well educated normal people who give their small ones soft drinks is shocking.
I see it myself, 4 and 5 year olds getting cans of coke on a Sunday morning, the boot being emptied with 2/4/6/8 fucking litres of the stuff as it has become some sort of staple of the shopping list. I have 2 under 9 and neither have tasted anything carbonated. I have run the best of cunts out the gate having brought that poison into my home for my kids. How fucking dare they do that.
There is fuck all wring with a drop of niwadi in a glass of water. Or in my day a drop of blackcurrant in a glass of milk was as good as it got and it was fucking glorious.
Iā€™d jail cunts who give that poison to small infants.[/QUOTE]

+1

Banned in this dwelling.

They are waffly versatile

Some splendid anecdotes and memories being shared here.

My dear mother is fairly clueless when it comes to diet, nutrition and healthy eating and itā€™s a source of regular mild conflict between her and my sister.

My Mam picks up my nephew from school and my sister generally prepares healthy dishes similar to those mentioned by Chef @Fran for him and drops them to my folksā€™ place in advance.

Then sheā€™ll drop by to collect him after work and itā€™ll often be a case of ā€œhe didnā€™t want the stew so I made him some frozen mini-pizzas and chicken nuggets insteadā€ or something. My sisterā€™s response is generally ā€œMam, itā€™s great you offer to collect him from school but please give him the food Iā€™ve prepared. Heā€™s 7 so donā€™t let him dictate to you - we donā€™t want him eating unhealthy processed food.ā€

Youā€™d see her then giving him chocolate, sweets and bits of cake and stuff without him even asking for it. Sheā€™ll say ā€œah heā€™s a good boy and itā€™s a little treat for himā€ if challenged on it.

Bless her - she has no idea. No wonder I grew tits as a teenager.

[QUOTE=ā€œBandage, post: 1135737, member: 9ā€]
No wonder I grew tits as a teenager.[/QUOTE]
:eek:

[QUOTE=ā€œBandage, post: 1135737, member: 9ā€]Some splendid anecdotes and memories being shared here.

My dear mother is fairly clueless when it comes to diet, nutrition and healthy eating and itā€™s a source of regular mild conflict between her and my sister.

My Mam picks up my nephew from school and my sister generally prepares healthy dishes similar to those mentioned by Chef @Fran for him and drops them to my folksā€™ place in advance.

Then sheā€™ll drop by to collect him after work and itā€™ll often be a case of ā€œhe didnā€™t want the stew so I made him some frozen mini-pizzas and chicken nuggets insteadā€ or something. My sisterā€™s response is generally ā€œMam, itā€™s great you offer to collect him from school but please give him the food Iā€™ve prepared. Heā€™s 7 so donā€™t let him dictate to you - we donā€™t want him eating unhealthy processed food.ā€

Youā€™d see her then giving him chocolate, sweets and bits of cake and stuff without him even asking for it. Sheā€™ll say ā€œah heā€™s a good boy and itā€™s a little treat for himā€ if challenged on it.

Bless her - she has no idea. No wonder I grew tits as a teenager.[/QUOTE]

:smiley:

I had a run in with the ould fella last year when he produced jelly tots at 8am one morning. FFS

[QUOTE=ā€œKinvaraā€™s Passion, post: 1135685, member: 686ā€]@Fran[/USER] [USER=80]@The Selfish Giant[/USER] [USER=367]@mickee321

Potato waffles for kids evening tea? twice a weekā€¦

Where does this sit with you fathers?[/QUOTE]

Low in sugar and very low in salt, drive on pal

Poor education on food, laziness, marketing and shit food being cheaper than good food are the main factors. Nobody wants a nanny state but some more government action is needed here. A sugar tax on the likes of fizzy drinks should be brought in along the lines of the tax on fags. They fall in the same bracket of having no benefits whatsoever and being extremely bad for you. A tenner for a can of coke would be about right. PE should become a bigger part of the curriculum even though it shouldnā€™t be up to the schools but it would be a help. Subsidise fruit and vegetables to make them cheaper than shit food along with a higher tax on the shit food like frozen pizzas would help. Radical action is needed but weā€™ll still be talking about this in 10 years.

[QUOTE=ā€œChocolateMice, post: 1135615, member: 168ā€]We failed. All of us.

Ireland is a busted flush.[/QUOTE]
This air of despondency that has settled over you is worrying. No doubt the advent of championship will see an upturn in your spirits though, ā€œWeā€™re going to batter the cunts etcā€¦ā€
Except ye wonā€™t :wink:

Addiction counsellors is the answer here.

Would an ad campaign where they squeeze out the arteries of fat cunts like they did with smoking be any use mate?

A government health campaign wouldnā€™t be a bad idea although thereā€™s always the danger of saturation with that stuff. Drink driving, drug driving, walking home from the pub, getting too drunk, anti-smoking ads, suicide awareness, the list goes on. It would be interesting to see the financial cost and mortality rates of obesity compared to the aforementioned and then compare spend on awareness and tackling the problem.

I had a run in with the ould fella last year when he produced jelly tots at 8am one morning. FFS[/QUOTE]

:smiley: 8am

My brother was staying with us for a couple of days this week while he was working in Dublin. He arrived in last night at about 7:30 when the eldest was just winding down, getting ready for bed. First of all he tells the little one not to go to bed yet as heā€™s going to pop to the shop to get her some treats. Then he offers to bring her to the shop with him as she stands there in her pyjamas, eyes beaming with excitement :mad:

I wouldnā€™t mind but the cunt has 3 kids of his own

[QUOTE=ā€œBandage, post: 1135737, member: 9ā€]Some splendid anecdotes and memories being shared here.

Self deprecation is to be admired bandage but it should also be noted that you shifted those flabby fuckers in your mid thirties. Byebye titties.

Subsidise fruit and veg? You cab buy a bag of fucjung carrots for 29c in aldi.
As Noonan said today there are leeches in this country who are allergic to work. Peeling a carrot would be a chore to thesecunts. Far easier plug in the deepfat fryer. And no wash up.

:smiley:

[QUOTE=ā€œHBV*, post: 1135781, member: 234ā€]Subsidise fruit and veg? You cab buy a bag of fucjung carrots for 29c in aldi.
As Noonan said today there are leeches in this country who are allergic to work. Peeling a carrot would be a chore to thesecunts. Far easier plug in the deepfat fryer. And no wash up.[/QUOTE]
True but you can also buy 2 pizzas and a bag of oven chips in Aldi for about ā‚¬4 which would ā€œfeedā€ a family of 3 or 4. But yeah maybe fruit and veg canā€™t be subsidised.