Obese Ireland

http://m.independent.ie/life/health-wellbeing/healthy-eating/irishman-loses-three-stone-after-giving-up-six-litres-of-coke-a-day-habit-31202717.html

6 fucking litres of Coke a day. For fuck sake sake.

[QUOTE=ā€œMac, post: 1136192, member: 109ā€]http://m.independent.ie/life/health-wellbeing/healthy-eating/irishman-loses-three-stone-after-giving-up-six-litres-of-coke-a-day-habit-31202717.html

6 fucking litres of Coke a day. For fuck sake sake.[/QUOTE]

He drastically changed his lifestyle :rolleyes: the fucking press are as bad here, these fat people need to be called out for the stupid fuckers they are- I donā€™t care what your background is, everyone knows that 6 ltrs of coke a day if fucked upā€¦ The more I think about it I think culling is the answerā€¦ Like the Spartans did with their weak or disfigured babies, off a cliff.

there was a very good interview on newstalk some time back with journeyman irish golfer peter lawrie who was addicted to cocacola and drinking 10 odd cans a day.
he went cold turkey to give it up and slumped from around 100 in the world to nearly 1000 and was on the brink of walking away from the game.
he is gradually getting his game back on the challange tour but is drinking 2 or 3 cans a day now to feed his addiction and allow him to function.
scary stuff

Thereā€™s a dumpy one within my vicinity now ateing two bags of crispsā€¦ 9.30amā€¦ That generation are fucked.

When will Soylent be available here?

http://www.operatorchan.org/s/src/137488527142.png

How often would people drink minerals?

Iā€™d say at most i would have a soft drink maybe once every two weeks or so. I would much prefer the refreshing taste of a sparkling or soda water with a drop of cordial

Couple of major obese folks here in work, one guy is so fat that when he dropped his bottle of coke he couldnā€™t bend down to pick it up, Another one is so fat that she has no neck. Its fucking sickening seeing them and they arenā€™t even doing anything about it besides eating a fry up in the morning and chips and fizzy drinks at lunch time. Her friend who she goes on lunch with is also major obese so much so that she was on crutches for a while because one of her knees gave out and I dont think it was from physical exercise. If there is a cake sale on in here those two day spend the day at the cake sale sniffing around saying oh I shouldnt really have one but its for a good cause. God knows what the fuck they eat when they get home and they are married. :eek:

[QUOTE=ā€œBig Mick McCarthy, post: 1136227, member: 1137ā€]How often would people drink minerals?

Iā€™d say at most i would have a soft drink maybe once every two weeks or so. I would much prefer the refreshing taste of a sparkling or soda water with a drop of cordial[/QUOTE]

Same as, pal. Mainly drink lots of water but would have a very rare San Pellegrino lemon or a Sprite. Have around 12 pints of Becks, Heineken or Hop House 13 in one sitting every second weekend or so too.

[QUOTE=ā€œBig Mick McCarthy, post: 1136227, member: 1137ā€]How often would people drink minerals?

Iā€™d say at most i would have a soft drink maybe once every two weeks or so. I would much prefer the refreshing taste of a sparkling or soda water with a drop of cordial[/QUOTE]
Iā€™ve rarely drink a soft drink these days, sparkling water all the way

Would you have coke with your zamboney or whatever it is called?

[QUOTE=ā€œKinvaraā€™s Passion, post: 1136141, member: 686ā€]Youā€™ll hear roasters coming home from a trip to the states telling you that the ā€œsteak is savage over thereā€.

Cattle pumped with sex hormones, steaks marinated msg flavouringā€¦

The food and farming guys have some lobby power over there.[/QUOTE]
I remember reading before that steak from corn fed cows in the US has something like 8-9 times more fat than from grass fed cows here.

The cows there are packed like sardines into massive industrial feeding lots where they wander around in a load of faeces.

[QUOTE=ā€œSidney, post: 1136237, member: 183ā€]I remember reading before that steak from corn fed cows in the US has something like 8-9 times more fat than from grass fed cows here.

The cows there are packed like sardines into massive industrial feeding lots where they wander around in a load of faeces.[/QUOTE]
Corn fed beef is tasty though.

Look up Food Inc documentary about food in America, very eye opening but along the lines of what I touched on in my post last night and others have discussed as well. Though I think it was made in 08 and nothing has changed since.

Aldi Comeragh sparkling water is my tipple of choice

[QUOTE=ā€œTheUlteriorMotive, post: 1136171, member: 2272ā€]Any of the farmers like to comment on eating chicken that is not labelled organic - I was told it was pumped full of anti biotics
[/QUOTE]

I am not a chicken farmer mate but its a fact that non organic and non free range chickens are reared in an environment where infections are rampant and spread quicly and therefore antibiotics use is standard across the holding to allow the chickens to get to the age of slaughter as large as possible.

Its fucking disgusting.

As far as I know the rules around ā€˜free rangeā€™ are loose enough too so organic is probably the only safe option if you want to be clear of this shit.

Since Christmas Iā€™ve bought:
One 2l bottle of Club Orange
One 2l bottle of Club Rock Shandy
One 2l bottle of TK red lemonade
Three 500 ml bottles of Club Orange/Rock Shandy
One can of Coke

That is all.

[QUOTE=ā€œTheUlteriorMotive, post: 1136171, member: 2272ā€]Any of the farmers like to comment on eating chicken that is not labelled organic - I was told it was pumped full of anti biotics

A block of Kerrygold in the US is 10 dollars in one of those Whole Foods stores - grass fed for the bullet proof coffees[/QUOTE]
Organic chicken is the only organic food I will buy if that answers your question.

[QUOTE=ā€œKinvaraā€™s Passion, post: 1136261, member: 686ā€]I am not a chicken farmer mate but its a fact that non organic and non free range chickens are reared in an environment where infections are rampant and spread quicly and therefore antibiotics use is standard across the holding to allow the chickens to get to the age of slaughter as large as possible.

Its fucking disgusting.

As far as I know the rules around ā€˜free rangeā€™ are loose enough too so organic is probably the only safe option if you want to be clear of this shit.[/QUOTE]
Is turkey any better? I eat a chicken breast four days a week with lunch. Chicken also contains high levels of oestrogen which can have negative health implications for men especially.

[QUOTE=ā€œKinvaraā€™s Passion, post: 1136261, member: 686ā€]I am not a chicken farmer mate but its a fact that non organic and non free range chickens are reared in an environment where infections are rampant and spread quicly and therefore antibiotics use is standard across the holding to allow the chickens to get to the age of slaughter as large as possible.

Its fucking disgusting.

As far as I know the rules around ā€˜free rangeā€™ are loose enough too so organic is probably the only safe option if you want to be clear of this shit.[/QUOTE]

Organic chickens are about a tenner arenā€™t they while youā€™ll pick up a bog standard fella doped up to his eyeballs with antibiotics for a fiver? Would you find an organic one in many supermarkets or would it be from butchers/markets only?