Obese Ireland

I have previously battled addiction to Irn Bru in my life.

battled with the same level of commitment as France in 1940

you mentioned drinking 3 cans of it last night

[QUOTE=“TheUlteriorMotive, post: 1136297, member: 2272”]battled with the same level of commitment as France in 1940

you mentioned drinking 3 cans of it last night[/QUOTE]

Woah. I never said I drank them all. I had one last night. It got to the tipping point when I was working in Scotland, I once bought a 24 pack of Irn Bru cans and drove to Dundee in my bare feet where I proceeded to drink them all.

Soon after I returned to Ireland to dry out, I think it shows how far I have come in that time that I can now manage my Irn Bru consumption maturely.

[QUOTE=“Sidney, post: 1136264, member: 183”]Since Christmas I’ve bought:
One 2l bottle of Club Orange
One 2l bottle of Club Rock Shandy
One 2l bottle of TK red lemonade
Three 500 ml bottles of Club Orange/Rock Shandy
One can of Coke

That is all.[/QUOTE]
Big swingin’ mickey.

[QUOTE=“Nembo Kid, post: 1135682, member: 2514”]Popped in to Dealz on the way back home from work and picked up 3 cans of Irn Bru for the Europa League feast of football tonight. Also have a €60 accumulator on the 4 games in the Europa League and League One playoffs so I’ll be getting some rush off that this evening as well.

I’m on top of the world, guys.[/QUOTE]

sorry - your syntax suggested you would drink them all during the football
in the “top of the world” thread too ffs sake

[QUOTE=“Bandage, post: 1135737, member: 9”]Some splendid anecdotes and memories being shared here.

My dear mother is fairly clueless when it comes to diet, nutrition and healthy eating and it’s a source of regular mild conflict between her and my sister.

My Mam picks up my nephew from school and my sister generally prepares healthy dishes similar to those mentioned by Chef @Fran for him and drops them to my folks’ place in advance.

Then she’ll drop by to collect him after work and it’ll often be a case of “he didn’t want the stew so I made him some frozen mini-pizzas and chicken nuggets instead” or something. My sister’s response is generally “Mam, it’s great you offer to collect him from school but please give him the food I’ve prepared. He’s 7 so don’t let him dictate to you - we don’t want him eating unhealthy processed food.”

You’d see her then giving him chocolate, sweets and bits of cake and stuff without him even asking for it. She’ll say “ah he’s a good boy and it’s a little treat for him” if challenged on it.

Bless her - she has no idea. No wonder I grew tits as a teenager.[/QUOTE]

Good to hear @tiger[/USER] has settled down , now we know where [USER=116]@The Dunph went to :clap:

In fairness some of the schools have very good fitness and healthy eating policy’s, the school my lads attend is very very progressive in that way.
No fizzy drinks allowed in lunches and absolutely no chocolate or sweets, every Friday they’re allowed a standard size bag of tayto or something like that.
Recently my youngest was reprimanded for bringing in a brioche type thing with tiny specs of chocolate inside of it.
They’re at the moment trying to achieve their fourth green flag - this is some type of active schools accreditation scheme. To get the flag kids have to walk to school at least 1 day per week all year. This is quite easily organised for participating kids. The drop off point for school is a car park a km away from the school and the kids all walk the km to school before starting time accompanied by teaching staff and volunteer parents.
This year each child, depending on age had to walk , a half marathon for the older kids right down to 10kms for the youngest around the school yard throughout the school year. I know for a fact that this is the only exposure some of the kids get to healthy eating and exercise because they sure as hell don’t get it at home.

One stupid bitch mother is always moaning about the struggle to keep her young lad from getting obese like his father… But much to the amusement of the entire school community she drives him 800m to school every day and collects him again. 800m !!!
Make the little fat bastard walk and he’ll lose the flab

[QUOTE=“Brimmer Bradley, post: 1136716, member: 2839”]In fairness some of the schools have very good fitness and healthy eating policy’s, the school my lads attend is very very progressive in that way.
No fizzy drinks allowed in lunches and absolutely no chocolate or sweets, every Friday they’re allowed a standard size bag of tayto or something like that.
Recently my youngest was reprimanded for bringing in a brioche type thing with tiny specs of chocolate inside of it.
They’re at the moment trying to achieve their fourth green flag - this is some type of active schools accreditation scheme. To get the flag kids have to walk to school at least 1 day per week all year. This is quite easily organised for participating kids. The drop off point for school is a car park a km away from the school and the kids all walk the km to school before starting time accompanied by teaching staff and volunteer parents.
This year each child, depending on age had to walk , a half marathon for the older kids right down to 10kms for the youngest around the school yard throughout the school year. I know for a fact that this is the only exposure some of the kids get to healthy eating and exercise because they sure as hell don’t get it at home.

One stupid bitch mother is always moaning about the struggle to keep her young lad from getting obese like his father… But much to the amusement of the entire school community she drives him 800m to school every day and collects him again. 800m !!!
Make the little fat bastard walk and he’ll lose the flab[/QUOTE]
So your kids are porkers? This proves my point… The effects of your diet will be passed onto your childer… The poor fucker sneaking in a dessert, he must have it bad.

No CM they’re far from porkers, thanks be to god.
Luckily enough both myself and my wife aren’t prone to carry excess weight, my kids eat their fair share of sweets and rubbish food in fairness, but only after their 3 proper meals are eaten.
They also have various sporting activities 4 nights per week and are busy at weekends too so get adequate exercise.
Tks for your concern all the same. buddy.

Fat fucks should be paying more tax given the burden that they are on the health system

just cause you are not carrying excess weight does not mean you are an unhealthy piece of shit, still stuffing your face full of soft drinks, crips, sweets and crap like your average Irish roaster

[QUOTE=“Brimmer Bradley, post: 1136716, member: 2839”]In fairness some of the schools have very good fitness and healthy eating policy’s, the school my lads attend is very very progressive in that way.

Make the little fat bastard walk and he’ll lose the flab[/QUOTE]

A coach who visits schools told me recently that in one school he spent 10 minutes doing a light warm up and mobility exercises (bunny hops etc)with the children. He was shocked at how restricted there mobility was. He came away thinking he would have to do a lot of that kind of thing with them only to be called in by the principal on his next visit and told not to be doing exercises with the children because parents had been complaining that their children were sore the next day. :mad:

[QUOTE=“Brimmer Bradley, post: 1136719, member: 2839”]No CM they’re far from porkers, thanks be to god.
Luckily enough both myself and my wife aren’t prone to carry excess weight, my kids eat their fair share of sweets and rubbish food in fairness, but only after their 3 proper meals are eaten.
They also have various sporting activities 4 nights per week and are busy at weekends too so get adequate exercise.
Tks for your concern all the same. buddy.[/QUOTE]

That’s good parenting.

I hope it is Bandage,I really fucking hope it is.
I could easily see though how the lazy (or really busy) parents could affect their children’s lifestyle.
Some days you mightn’t feel like driving them to training/ swimming / matches / squash or athletics and the easy option is to switch on the TV for them while you watch the TV in the sitting room, but then you see their little fat fuck mates and say to yourself, No!
I’ll get up off my hole and encourage them along. If mam and dad don’t push and encourage healthy activity what hope have small kids.
Put all the blame you like on school vending machines and deli counters but at the end of the day it’s at home that the vital lifestyle options are decided.

[QUOTE=“Brimmer Bradley, post: 1136719, member: 2839”]
They also have various sporting activities 4 nights per week and are busy at weekends too so get adequate exercise.[/QUOTE]
:clap:

[QUOTE=“Brimmer Bradley, post: 1136719, member: 2839”]No CM they’re far from porkers, thanks be to god.
Tks for your concern all the same. buddy.[/QUOTE]
:clap::clap::clap:

Great to hear, pal… May I suggest you make them do 20 push ups at random times during the day… DOWN AND GIVE ME 20!! We need to build strong citizens, mentally and physically, if this country is to survive- at the moment there are far too many bleeding heart liberal types around and the country is fucked… I don’t care what people say, if you let people do what they want in this life it ends in disaster, we are selfish creatures… we need to be dictated to, to a degree, both for the good of ourselves and the human race.

[QUOTE=“Brimmer Bradley, post: 1136742, member: 2839”]I hope it is Bandage,I really fucking hope it is.
I could easily see though how the lazy (or really busy) parents could affect their children’s lifestyle.
Some days you mightn’t feel like driving them to training/ swimming / matches / squash or athletics and the easy option is to switch on the TV for them while you watch the TV in the sitting room, but then you see their little fat fuck mates and say to yourself, No!
I’ll get up off my hole and encourage them along. If mam and dad don’t push and encourage healthy activity what hope have small kids.
Put all the blame you like on school vending machines and deli counters but at the end of the day it’s at home that the vital lifestyle options are decided.[/QUOTE]

Ah yeah, parents are very good at that, blaming some one else…i wouldn’t be a teacher for a million bucks… i’ve a number of friends who are and the shit they get from parents who think their little Billy/Fiona are special and should be more advanced etc. etc. I’D LOVE TO BEAT SOME OF THESE CUNTS WITH AN IRON BAR.

Calm Down @ChocolateMice

I’m calm… fucking cunts. cunts fucking fucking cunts…

SLR, you’re a primary teacher, what’s your stance on the whole issue?

Cough.