Official 2011 All Ireland Hurling Championship Thread

That’s a bit like Trigger saying it’s the same broom when it’s had 14 new handles and 18 new heads. Without checking the details I’d say there have been 5 or 6 changes to personnel since the 2006 final. But I suppose it’s an impossible argument. One thing is for sure though 5 or 6 of the constants in that KK squad of the last 5 years are amongst the all time greats.

Their hunger and application is what impresses me most. If it was just going to be about hunger, Kilkenny were always going to beat the one in a row merchants.

Paul Murphy looks like a real star unfortunately.

Congratulations to Kilkenny. Another superb performance in a long line of them and they were by far the better team today. Players like Hickey, Brennan, and Larkin turned in outstanding performances that put the seal on their individual greatness. Nothing like doing it when people are doubting you. As for Tipp, I thought it was a piss weak performance from a team with aspirations of greatness. Where did the team of the last two years go? The standards they’ve set for themselves in that time were not met. People will talk of this team having a bright future, but today was a harsh lesson to Tipperary people that the glory days of the sixties have not returned. They saw what real greatness looks like today.

2006:
McGarry
Kavanagh
Hickey
Tyrrell
Ryall
Tennyson
Walsh
Cha
Lyng
Power
Larkin
Shefflin
Brennan
Comerford
Fogarty

JJ was injured.

some finish from Richie Hogan

“Fennelly’s goal in the first half is still remembered fondly by Kilkenny fans”

FFS

8 changes. Remarkable that they could introduce such quality in the meantime. Michael Fennelly is an outstanding hurler.

I wish Cody would actually speak his mind rather then usual bland shit.

I think that might actually be his mind.

What is more amazing is how much he has improved since his first championship game of note against Galway in 2009 where he looked a long way off what was required to be an intercounty hurler and was quite rightly subbed early in the second half. Almost unrecognisable to the player he has been for the last 18 months or so, some improvement

You beat at least ten people to the punch there.

Typifies the natural hurling fitness of so many of the Kilkenny lads. He’s a colossus, up there with the likes of Derek Lyng, Colin Lynch, Tom Kenny, and Daithi Regan now.

Correction:
Shefflin: 8 – Had some wide and short. Having the leader back showed though. 10 All Stars. 9 8 All Irelands.

Duh.

Wow. That was an absolutely amazing goal when you see the whole move. I’ve definitely never seen a better team goal. The end of it was a bit like Coogan’s goal in 2002 when Carey ran through the centre and laid it off. But this was a good bit better.

Brian Gavin and all the refs doing jaegers in The Hide Out at the moment. He’s getting an incredible amount of female attention. This is deadly.

Superb :pint: :smiley:

He’s knocking back a Smirnoff Ice now. Class. I just want to get to know him.

Tell him you’re giving live updates on his progessive drunkenness over the internet. It would be an unusual opening line but you never know, he’s most likely so pissed by this stage it’ll work.

Is the minor ref there?
If so can you punch him in the face from me?

I have it on good authority that Johnny Ryan packs heat

What? Like a hot water bottle?