Official 2011 All Ireland Hurling Championship Thread

huge rumours about it before the AI final anyway. this retirement was inevitable as soon as Cody announced he was staying on last week. there will always be lots of shite flying about, but have heard he is wanting to head off travelling for a while too. but at the back of it all, his form had dropped a lot, at county and more worryingly at club level.

Cha loved his :pint:

First thing I thought of when I heard the news. Cody apparently caught him out a few times when the squad were supposed to be observing an alcohol ban.

This is no surprise.
Best of luck to wee Cha for the future.

Donā€™t think he is much of a loss. Hasnā€™t the pace to play in the inside forwards and hasnā€™t the mobility or physicality for midfield. No doubting his hurling ability and reading of the game but the fundamental aspects of midfield play have evolved in a few short years since he was excelling there.

Never the same after he got that bad dose of the mumps

The Kilkenny camp is in turmoil and Liam Dunne has just appointed his backroom team. Thereā€™s a seismic shift of power taking place before our very eyes.

I hear the great* John Lee has been axed from the Galway panel. Serious new broom time there by the sounds of it. Plenty of enemies created for Cunningham already.

[size=1]*citation needed[/size]

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Apparently. Alledgedly might be better. Rumours. On the interent. Must be true so.

Itā€™d be sad if he transferred to Dublin. Itā€™d take nearly as long to get to Parnell Park for training as it would to get to KK for training from West Dublin. Although Iā€™m not sure what part of West Dublin he teaches in. Then again heā€™s probably finished at 2.30pm so I presume thatā€™s a red herring.

Why would it be sad Appendage? I think it would be great craic. Though to be honest, Cha would find it difficult to make it onto the Dublin team, he wouldnā€™t just be walking onto it even if he did transfer.

Jamesie Shiner Brennan and Eamonn Morrissey didnā€™t set the world on fire when they transferred to Dublin. On the other hand MJ Ryan was one of Dublins greatest ever stalwarts.

Iā€™d see Cha as damaged goods and I doubt if Daly will be interested.

Cha would be comfortably good enough for the Dublin panel but I doubt itā€™ll appeal to him. If his departure from the Kilkenny panel was due to a disagreement with Cody then itā€™s possible, but thatā€™s probably the only way heā€™d be interested.

He was seriously protected by the way KK played.

I doubt Cha would get near the Dublin team either for what its worth. Heā€™d find their training just as hard.

Only passing on what I was told mate, was someone whoā€™s been right about this kind of thing plenty of times before fwiw.

Thought Cha was teaching in south Dublin myself. Might be mixing him up with someone else though.

This is exactly it.
It weakens us depth wise but he was behind Rice, Fennelly and TJ for midfield.
He probably was also behind Paddy Hogan.

Weā€™ll truck on.

As a hurling purist, it actually saddens me that in ruining the game of hurling itself with their gang tackling, neck high challenges and general overt physicality, Kilkenny have also inadvertently ruined the career of a supremely skillful operator like Fitzpatrick. Itā€™s an utter shame for the game that the actions of his very own county have left him with no option but to retire at the young age of 26.

How good would the underage lads be coming through for Kilkenny CLD? I assume yeā€™ll never have the same depth ye had a few years back again for the foreseeable future.

Heā€™d be a legend if he came from Limerick. Then again he wouldnā€™t have an AI medal.

+1
Bang on the money hereā€¦

Agreed. And you canā€™t say a bad word against the cunts either because they are so bland, boring and ā€˜likeableā€™.

And successful, donā€™t leave that out.