Official 2011 All Ireland Hurling Championship Thread

You can if you like but the mainstream gaa media won’t do it. Loughnane is the only one I remember talking about it and that was more than 4 years ago. Interesting when you contrast this to the all out assault on Donegal this year. I suppose the Donegal approach is more obvious, you’d probably have to know a little about the game to see what’s different about how Kilkenny play.

Indeed, and its noticeable to me that casual GAA watchers (like Rugby fans for example) seem to have a lot of respect for Kilkenny hurling and Cody in particular, even if their style of hurling is cynical in the extreme and often just ugly.

You cant say a word against them because they’re so good.

bandage, who are these auld lads Dunne is calling on to retire and wy is he conducting this call to action through the press?
He seems, from first impression, that he will become a little over fond of the mic/media

If his first interview is anything to go by, his reign will be a complete fiasco. He doesn’t seem like the sharpest tool in the box.

You should read his book…

I see Mullivat’s Willie O Dwyer has throw his lot in with the Kerry hurlers next year. Will be a big addition to them.

Was it Willie that was subbed early enough in the 2007 A/I final or did he come on early in the game

Did he not captain Kilkenny one year?

Willie O Connor would be doing well to line out for Kerry at this stage.

:lol:

I wonder how much of an impact he’ll have. I never thought he stood out playing Fitzgibbon even though he was a big name. He’s obviously a good hurler but you’d have to still be very handy to go in and make a big impact on that Kerry team I reckon. They mightn’t be top tier but they’d be a very decent standard all the same.

He captained them at minor level.

Would you stop i’d walk onto that team myself…