Official 2011 All Ireland Hurling Championship Thread

Thatā€™s more of an indictment of the standard of the other teams over the past few years than it is any great testament to Waterford ability.
They struggled to beat a bad Limerick team two years ago, struggled to beat Clare and I was at the Munster final replay last year against Cork and they were two of the worst teams Iā€™ve ever seen contest a final.

but if he was as tactically clueless as sid maintains then they would have lost far more games than they have

:clap: Welcome to the forum Hughie.

I think that louie may well have been here before under a different guise, Clarkey.

What about the poor hurlers in Offaly? Locked out of Oā€™Connor Park and told if they didnā€™t move their cars themselves, theyā€™d be moved for them fairly lively.

And now Michael Duignan has called the footballers a bunch of drunks :lol:

That twat The Puke?

This is a disappointing development.

Want to go to Tullamore on Saturday mate?

Canā€™t mate. Iā€™m up the country.

Boll1x. Now I really have tried everyone.

Offaly for the double so

Was talking to a guy who knows the craic inside the Offaly camp; he was saying that it was bad enough alright but that the media are blowing it up a bit. The groundskeeper in Oā€™Moore Park is very precious about his pitch and they want it right for Saturday, this is where some of the aggro is coming from too seemingly.

Some lads here know the score. Others donā€™t. Waterford donā€™t do beating teams out the gate. Itā€™s not in the psyche. I can think of one game in the last 40 years where Waterford beat a team out the gate. Thatā€™s all. You judge Waterford on whether they win or lose. Thatā€™s all that material. Under Justin Waterford lost to all manner of second tier counties Clare Cork Limerick Wexford. Under Davy Waterford have only lost to Tipp and Kk. Coming from where Waterford were thatā€™s not bad

FFS Locke :angry:

In the 40 years before Justin came along Waterford didnā€™t do beating teams

I can think of three games off the top of my head however wheree they did beat teams out the gate
Galway 1998
Tipp 2002
Clare 2004

I think you can take his post to be a retarded attempt at a wind-up or the post of an utter simpleton. Unless of course you think that Cork were a second tier team when they beat Waterford in 2003, 2005 and 2006. Not to mention when they beat us in 2004. Iā€™m just struggling to remember who went on to win the All Ireland that year though.

Sorry mbb mate, oā€™connor park.

I watched the second half of the Waterford / Limerick game last night, very entertaining stuff, some of the marking was terrible, but that allowed for space which led to some very good passages of play. Fair play to Oā€™Grady and Limerick. John Mullane and Noel Connors :clap: :clap:

Why didnā€™t Eoin Kelly start? Is he coming back from injury?

Laois lead Cork 4 pts to 2 here in O Moore Park.

Cork goal after what looked like an awful amount of steps. 1-3 to 0-5

Second goal for Cork. The resistance may be over.

Willie Hyland goal 1-7 to 2-6