Official 2011 All Ireland Hurling Championship Thread

Dunno bout that. The loss to Carlow last year was as bad as Iā€™ve seen in the championship. I didnā€™t see the Meath game in 2002 though. I donā€™t think he was as successful in 2009 as was made out - the fight we showed against Galway was when the game was already over. We beat an Antrim team that had lads on holidays (if that happens you can nearly assume the whole set-up isnā€™t great) and then almost caught a bad Limerick team off guard and still lost by five points I think. Maybe my expectations are too high after Paudie Butler though.

If Fennelly had a problem with the fixtures he probably should have mentioned it a bit earlier. He seems a bit of a knob, apparently complaining about stuff that was written on laoistalk. Iā€™ve decided to be optimistic though, so weā€™re going to win this one.

The sun is back out and the wind has died down so hopefully thereā€™ll be some decent hurling to watch.

Free tickets too - ah lovely!

Antrim 1-16 Laois 3-9 after 60 minutes. Antrim have had a man sent off.

Updates here:

http://www.sportsnewsireland.com/gaa/24734/

http://www.antrimgaa.net/

Antrim 4 up near the end. Theyā€™ll advance to take on the might of Wexford.

Theyā€™re muck. Ye should be alright.

That was a horrible game. Too many useless cunts who donā€™t give a fuck. Wasnā€™t like a championship game at all. They had what I thought was a good goal disallowed. Ref in general was probably nice to us. We were on top until the sending off. The sending off was fair enough - your man threw a box although Burke went down very easy. After the sending off Antrim upped their intensity, Laois didnā€™t bother. We couldnā€™t win ball in the half forward line at all. Eoin Holohan, Noel Costello, Brian Dunne and Neil Foyle were muck. MBB, do you rate John Rowney. I understand people who donā€™t think heā€™s great but I canā€™t understand him being rated below Holohan, Costello, Dunne, Burke or Dollard. The lack of urgency was quite worrying. Iā€™d feel quite ripped off if Iā€™d paid ā‚¬20 to see that. I feel ripped off having given my time to it. Terrible, terrible, terrible; terribleā€™s too small a word.

+1

Giuseppe Iā€™ll post more on this anon, but for now, Iā€™d have some small bit of time for Rowney and Fennelly out :angry:

Kilkenny wont make the Leinster Final mate.

Hurler of the Year Market
Joe Canning 5/1
Noel McGrath 6/1
Henry Shefflin 8/1
Tommy Walsh 9/1
Brendan Maher 10/1
Richie Power 11/1
Lar Corbett 14/1
Padraic Maher 14/1
Eoin Kelly (Tipp) 16/1
JJ Delaney 16/1
Michael Fennelly 18/1
Conal Keaney 20/1
Jackie Tyrrell 25/1
John Mullane 25/1
Brian Hogan 33/1
Damien Hayes 33/1
Shane Bourke 33/1
David O Callaghan 33/1
Eoin Larkin 33/1
John Gardiner 33/1
Shane McGrath 33/1
Ger Farragher 40/1
Liam Rushe 40/1
Michael Rice 40/1
Michael Walsh 40/1
Alan McCrabbe 40/1
Richie Hogan 40/1
Eddie Brennan 40/1
Donal Og Cusack 50/1
Joey Boland 50/1
Colin Fennelly 50/1
Niall McCarthy 50/1
Ben O Connor 50/1
Patrick Horgan 50/1
Richie Foley 50/1
Shane O Neill 50/1
Iarla Tannian 66/1
Paul Curran 66/1
Ronan Curran 66/1
Brendan Cummins 66/1
Ryan Oā€™Dwyer 66/1
Conor O Mahony 66/1
Seamus Hickey 66/1
Shane Walsh 80/1
Tony Browne 80/1
Shane Kavanagh 80/1
Rory Jacob 100/1
Darach Honan 100/1
Shane Dooley 100/1
John Conlan 100/1
Tony Og Regan 125/1
Keith Rossiter 150/1
Liam Watson 250/1
Willie Hyland 250/1

Poor aul Willie Hyland, a slap in the face to one of the countries better hurlers to see him priced like that.

Fennelly out :angry:

Anyone think that Offaly, despite their injuries, are ignorant enough to upset Dublin?

Dublin won the league and expectation levels are high. Will they cope with it?

Offaly have been waiting in the long grass and are coming in under the radar.

why is this game been played behind closed doors?

Itā€™s being boycotted by the public because everyoneā€™s pissed off with how the GAA have treated the local community near Croke Park.

:lol: Thatā€™s one of the worst umpiring decisions Iā€™ve ever seen.

Poor enough standard so far

Great intensity from the biffoā€™s

Fair play to Offaly, theyā€™re not lying down here. Serious half of hurling from Shane Dooley, one of GAAā€™s truly alright sorts. Iā€™d love to see them drop the Dubs on their holes.

That umpire decision for the opening point of the game was hilarious. It must have been 3 or 4 yards wide on the near post. A typically pig ignorant Offaly performance. Iā€™d say theyā€™re beating the shit of each other in the dressing room now.

Ordinarily Iā€™d say that was a possibility but Joe Dooley wouldnt strike you as your typical ignorant Biffo. Missed early part of game, whats the deal with the wide/umpiring decision?

That umpiring decision :o

Dooley is a class act, Offaly should be winning this game handy but being Offaly it probably suits them better to be a point down at HT. dublin have been fairly rank