Official 2011 All Ireland Hurling Championship Thread

The service to the FF line has been a disgrace.

Poor finish by Gantley

Limerick will be happy enough to meet Galway after this debacle

Great win. Showed good resolve when it looked like Galeay were coming back and getting the refereeing decisions. Galway were fairly poor but Dublin’s physicality was excellent throughout and they were so much better at taking scores.

Very enjoyable game.

I thought Dublin hurled pretty well there in the second half. Good support play, intelligent movement of the ball and lots of decent angled passes. Strong in the tackle and good workrate too.

Have you deserted Fingal GAA already Rocko ?

Liam Rushe seems like an affable sort. Excellent display from him.

They’ll be missing Brady and O’Dwyer now for the final

I imagine Treacy has picked up another problem after coming on and going off again? They have a bit of depth to their squad now though and I thought Lambert did fine when he came on. I don’t know how long Joey Boland is out for but he’d be a valuable addition to the side also.

Some of the decisons that Galway were making were bizarre.

Galway get a free on their own 30ish. Skehill drops the ball dead center on the edge of the Dublin square. Gantley. Goal.
Galway get another free, around their 40. [When O’Dwyer was sent off]. Joe takes it. Wide.
Galway get another free on their 40ish again. Joe again. Wide again.

What the fuck were they thinking? Joe was shit on frees all day. Would it not have been better to put Canning on the square and dropping those 2 in again?

I suppose Galway will pull out of Leinster now and look for a handier run.

Dublin were much hungrier. Id agree with ss. Galway were a shambles and decision making left a lot to be desired. Still feel that dublin are limited but today was a massive result for dublin hurling.

Dublin were much hungrier. Id agree with ss. Galway were a shambles and decision making left a lot to be desired. Still feel that dublin are limited but today was a massive result for dublin hurling.

2 abysmal teams

how much do we the taxpayers subsidise these mongs for?

Traded out of Dublin for the Leinster Championship. Gonna make about €300.
Decent amount available on backing Kilkenny on Betfair @1.44 whcih I think is a good price to trade out at.
I would expect Kilkenny to be nearer 1.33 come throw in and I fully expect us to beat Dublin this time.

Wouldn’t really describe Dublin as limited, they have some serious hurlers like Rushe, Keaney, Kelly, Boland and O’Callaghan. Thing is they can play a good bit better then they did today.

Seemed an alright sort in the interview afterwards alright. He was superb today. Obviously a talented hurler but his workrate was phenomenal too and he was really mixing it well around Dublin’s half back line in the second half and winning an awful lot of loose ball as a result.

Arah… How can you respond to that.

Fair play to Dublin. A greater hunger, a proper game plan, some key leaders and a manager who has the respect of the players.

McIntyre, Hardiman etc… Close the door on ye’re way out.

[quote=“Kinvara, post: 591888”]

whats the story with that fat cunt canning(sorry DB)

he is shit- thought he was the GGAs marquee player

Rushe and Kelly were heroic. Dublin simply steamrolled Galway. This team has come on some amount in a few months, never mind a year. Terrific atmosphere in the stadium and in the pubs afterwards. Gutted I couldn’t stay longer.