Official 2011 All Ireland Hurling Championship Thread

He’s no Davy Fitz, that’s for sure

Clare are pure useless. I can’t believe how poor they are. At least they had some fight against Tipp.
3 goals conceded. Joe hit the crossbar, Gantley missed a sitter.

Galway over 4.5 goals 9/4
Over 5.5 goals 15/2

Bonnar gone Bandage.

This is really awful by Clare. Aimless, hopeful stuff. Reminds me of Wexford actually. Some individuals doing quite well and holding their own but you’d struggle to work out what their gameplan is. There’s no cohesion or pattern to their play and they’re still trying stupid point attempts from long range and narrow angles instead of putting the ball into Conor McGrath. Just seem to lack purpose or something and not playing as a unit. I imagine they might have a new manager for next season too.

What does tonight’s play say about the respective merits of Waterford and Tipp

:rolleyes:

Clare were really poor. Bringing on Gerry Quinn with seven minutes to go was bizarre. The defence was so naive and defended poorly as individuals. The difference in physical strength between both teams was stark. The forwards weren’t too bad but a goal never looked likely. Seems like a good few are finding the step up to inter county senior too much. End of the road for the Sparrow now too. Suppose Davy Fitz will be next up. While it’s great having successful underage teams like Galway and other teams have found getting them up to be great senior players is difficult.Two filthy tackles from Clare defenders too near the end.
Joe Canning played well but surely he barged into the
Clare defender for his goal? Hayes looked back to his best. Farragher had a good game too but think he needs space to operate in. Not sure against a better defence how he would go at centre forward. Barry and O Regan were very good but since Clare were so poor it’s hard to make any kind of judgement on Galway.

[quote=“sid waddell, post: 592036”]o
:rolleyes:
[/quote]
Limerick are clearly a decent outfit and have unearthed a couple of good prospects. Tipp have beaten Cork who fell over the line against Offaly and beaten Clare who ate in disarray conceding big scores along the way. They’ll still murder Waterford though unless Waterford unearth a half forward in the next week who can compete for a puck out. Is Richie Foley fit by the way?

Liam Griffin doing some amount of bluffing over on tv3 as such

Great. This clown commentator on TV3 that sings instead of speaks. Says a lot that I would prefer Canning.

Shocking stuff… Has the cunt ever listened to him self back!

I spend most of my time in the eastern side of the country and I’m not used to people speaking in such a disgracefully ridiculous manner.

What accent is it pal?

Christ this isn’t much of a contest so far.

Shocking keeping for Larkins goal. Dublin won’t panic here though

Ah thats a super goal. Game over.

Oisin Gough being exposed here

Ah lovely. Keaney made a fool out of Shefflin there. Nothing like seeing that ginger tosser fall flat on his arse.

Lovely stuff by Keaney. :clap:

Shefflin is seething. This is quality stuff. Nice little sly pull on him by Kelly there after Shefflin pulled his hurl.

Shefflin always had that tendency to act like a spoiled child when someone puts it up to him