Official 2011 All Ireland Hurling Championship Thread

In fairness, Kilkenny will always have a pipeline of talent knocking on the panelā€™s door, Iā€™d imagine they could easily field 2 or 3 teams that would give a good account of themselves in intercounty senior hurling.

Ya, you make alot of good points in fairness, but i think your a little unfair saying Tyrone werenā€™t as skillful. Yes they were hard working and had an aggressive defensive style they had some extremely skillful footballers and some of their kick passing performances at their best was as good as iā€™ve ever seen. I think people remember them a little too much for their first All-Ireland and throw them in with Armagh, but they really evolved into a ā€œon their dayā€ amazing team. There are other similarities with injuries and the talk out of the camp that just remind me of them as well.

My positivity on Dublin is based on the progress they are making and the attitude i see from them and their management, we canā€™t really point to any previous Championship performances to say that they will beat KK, i just think the teams are kinda coming close to meeting in the middle soon, KK coming down a bit and the Dubs on the way up. But the questions asked of them after every win seem to answered somewhat the next day, thats a good sign. They donā€™t have any fear either.

On KK, i could be proved drastically wrong on them and iā€™m judging them on different criteria to Dublin maybe, but i just see some weak points that need to be addressed. Now they may well be addressed Sunday, only time will tell. Their are cracks in the armour and i think confidence has been hit twice in a row now in big to reasonably big games. It hardly matters who the players are when you get a hiding like the League or All-Ireland Finals. If they come back from that and even win Leinster and get to another All-Ireland itā€™ll really show what an amazing team they were/are, cos it is very hard to come back like that in sport. Also they have growing injury concerns.

Disagree, think its been shown the players underneath are maybe not what they were made out to be, while none the less quality hurlers. John MUlhall is the barometer for me, if heā€™s in the first 26 in KK they are somewhat struggling. Having said that they donā€™t need 26 players to win an All-Ierland, and a bit of luck with injuries would go a long way.

Kilkenny are still warm favourites.

Given Dublinā€™s tendency to hunt in packs I expect to see Kilkenny try and switch the play at speed as much as possible like they did in the second half against Wexford. The type of defnsive effort Dublin put in against Galway wonā€™t be as suited to a bigger pitch.

Kilkenny will be thinking about getting 3 or 4 goals in the run up to this match. You would be a brave man to predict Dublin will score more than one goal. Dublin must limit Kilkenny one or at very most two goals to have a chance of winning.

Itā€™ll be interesting to see how Shefflin and Tyrrell get on. Both were total passengers against Wexford. With good low ball in I think Dotsy could have some joy against Tyrrell.

I think that could well be the making of the game, if Dublin can hold out for the first 15-20 minutes without conceding a goal, theyā€™ll frustrate KK who looks for early ones. I canā€™t actually see that happening though. KK will have those missing players back, but it could well take a bit of time for the likes of Tommy Walsh to get back into the pace of things (OK, maybe not Tommy). BUt I just think theyā€™ll have too much class.

Some interesting opinions here:

Iā€™ll call it as:
Kilkenny 3-16 Dublin 1-15

For the Galway Clare game.
Any sign of a Galway team.

And more specifically:

1. Is Farragher playing?
  2. Who is taking the frees?

Ya, i read the team somewhere yesterday, think heā€™s on the wing for some reason if i remember correctly.

Is it Oā€™ Loughlin Gaels are your club Cluain?

I thought cluain was from the village

Oh ya, got mixed up. Their footballers are down with our crowd for the Feile, both teams got to the Finals tomorrow. Their suppoosed to be an unreal hurling team, but a great achievement for them if they won a football 2.

:o

Didnā€™t the hurlers win the Tony Forrestal recently

:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Spoofing as usual

GALWAY (SHC v Clare): J Skehill; F Moore, S Kavanagh, D Collins; D Barry, T Ɠg Regan, A Cullinane; D Burke, A Smith; J Gantley, G Farragher, I Tannian; D Hayes, J Canning, A Kerins.

:rolleyes:

Jesus Fran, TAN would scold you for that and your lack of knowledge of underage GAA and its structures. Tony Forristal is a Inter County tournament, Feile is club. They won the Hurling ā€œAā€ title last week (OLG) and are in Div. 5 Football final today. Which is a nice achievment for a KK club as they would have been up against some good teams from big football clubs in Cork and elsewhere.

Yeah the Village is my club.
Ballyhale gonna win Feile in 2015. You heard it here first.:smiley:

Iā€™ve said this a few times, Kilkenny teams have no problem with football underage. We beat teams from Kildare, Laois and Wexford when I played for Kieranā€™s U-14.
After U-14 kids in other counties kick on whereas in Kilkenny they just put football to the side and focus on hurling/soccer/rugby.

Not a fucking chance, TAN PMā€™d me to say Clarecastle have an unbelievable U-10 team this and will never ever ever be beaten.

Ah ya of course, makes no difference where your from at a young age if you actually play the game. They are supposed to be very big, which helps as well.

Any indication of who is on the frees for Galway?
Seeing how Canning had a mare last time and Farragher is back I would be leaning toward Farragher.

Oā€™Loughlin Gaels beat Wolfe Tones of Shannon in the division 5 final

Interesting side note both sides competed last week in Division one of the hurling Feile

Some goal from Canning tbf

ā€¦galwayā€™s third

Great save by Brennan there. The first one Iā€™ve seen him make in his inter-county career.

HT: Galway 3-13 Clare 0-12.

Ridiculous amount for Clare to have conceded in one half.