Official 2011 All Ireland Hurling Championship Thread

Curranā€™s back then. He seems to slip one more of the old guard back every game. You in any way confident Turenne/Kev/Fenway/Mickee(if youā€™re still with us)? Iā€™m not. Only saw brief highlights of the Offaly game so not in a great position to judge. Iā€™ve finally become convinced that Cadogan is not a full back. I think it took me a bit longer than the rest of you. Canning will obviously be a major threat there again. Heā€™s beaten us/almost beaten us single-handedly last two times we played them in Championship. Didnā€™t see the Clare game, but it was an impressive score he racked up having looked fairly awful against Dublin.

Weā€™ll lose. TBF Curran and Jerry wouldnā€™t be playing if Cronin wasnā€™t suspended and McLoughlin coming back fron injury. If we had a full team then maybe, but that 15? No. Presumebly Walsh is just hoping the old guard will do ok for 50 minutes and then spring lads from the bench.

Sparrow has resigned as Clare manager, no surprise there.

Word is that there willbe a couple of changes for waterford, withthe team lining up to go man to man on Tippā€¦ Tony Browne and wayne Hutchinson look like being left out, with Foley and Kearney/Maher coming in. Kelly has hit a bit of form in training, and will be ptessuring Maurice Shan forhis place.

Fuck it, this munster final is not as cut and dried as some would have you believe, and I think we willgo close. The subsequent form of Cork and Clare does not enhance Tipps rating in my view. Loose and its a hardroad to september, cork/galway then KKā€¦

Hutchinson is injured I believe but wouldnt have kept his place anyway. If Lawlor isnā€™t in this presumably means Brick to full back which would be suicidal. If this is how
it pans out Tipp will destroy Waterford.

Iā€™m calling a Waterford win on Sunday

Hutchinson broke his hand ok.

Brick FB, and Moran CB would be far from suicide. Maher on Corbett, Moran on Callinan, Connors on Kelly, Fives on McGrathā€¦

:o

This irrational reaction would lead me to believe that those Kilkenny lads were right to pack up their stuff and get as far away from you as possible.

As Iā€™ve said previously I wasnā€™t at the match but if I was Iā€™d stear well clear of the likes of you.

DĆ©ise -v- Tipp
1Clinton 2DFives 3JMaher 4Connor 5Tony 6Brick 7Moran 8Molumphy 9Foley 10EMcGrath 11Oā€™Sullivan 12Mahoney 13Mullane 14SWalsh 15BOSullivan

Mad team. There is clearly some class of a wheeze going on here as there always is these days when Eoin Mc gets the nod. I hope itā€™s not like the time he was put on to get Tommy Walsh sent off and failed. Intriguing.

Any idea what the real team will be? There is no way that the full-back line will play as selected. Iā€™d agree with HB, put Brick at FB and Moran CB. If Eoin McGrath plays he will surely act as third midfielder to crowd the space. Can see Wā€™ford getting closer than people think but cant see them winning this.

Think the feeling last year was that the game plan against Tipp failed because Eoin Kelly didnā€™t drop back and mark the space (and by implication Noel McGrath) in front of Brick Walsh who was dropping back to protect the full back. Maybe they feel Eoin Mc has the legs to do this?

Surely not for 70 mins though. Having Kelly as an impact sub is fine but he wont cover back. Wiil Wā€™ford play with two in the full forward line? Mullane could do damage, not sure if either Walsh or o Sullivan would thrive in that formation though.

Eoin McGrath has been picked to try and nullify and scrap with Padraig Maher, he will follow him like a shadow and try and make life difficult for him. I doubt he will drop particularly deep as the other two lads in the half forward line would be far more suited to that kind of role

Took ya long enough to get back. Anyway some of us have moved on now from last week and are looking forward to another Leinster final this week. :smiley:

More likely to move Mullane out if they do that. O Sullivan has the pace to do serious damage if he gets the right ball. However Waterford thought the same last year when they picked O Halloran and it ended in disaster. The problem is that if you crowd the middle it becomes as difficult for you as the other team to play quality ball.

This is quite possible too

:smiley:

Best of luck this weekend Taz. Hope the Wexford supporters are more reserved than their neighbours with their celebrations :wink:

Eoin Mc -v- Maher; connors v kelly, maher v corbett, moran v mcgrathā€¦ And have a right cutā€¦

Fcuk it, we will rattle them ok.

Correction Taz, weā€™re actually looking forward to three Leinster finals in the next week.