Official 2011 All Ireland Hurling Championship Thread

Gal 1-17 to 1-12 for Cork
Walsh has just taken o’neill off, brought egan back to 7, put naughton on the wing and mccarthy to midfield.
cork’s unusual ploy of starving the pebble of possesion for long periods still paying off…

commentary here: warning - cork accent with lisp

Lazarus is awakening

Galway well in control and hitting great scores. Cork look short on ideas

Goal for canning disallowed.

So who’s next for the Cork job?

Donnellan goal.
All over.

mickey o’connell is doing his level best not to mention denis walsh by name, but comments such as “cork are in disarray, forwards are all over the place, we’re hanging on here, etc” betray a contempt for the manager that suggests his time is up

ref just disallowed a canning goal there, donnellan runs one into the net with his first touch, 2-20 to 1-13 now.
dead only to wash them

This wasn’t really unexpected. Hopefully it is enough of a beating to convince Walsh to go quietly and straight away. I don’t think we have the players to be serious contenders, but we should be better than this.

Lazarus is now up out of his casket, has a shite, shower and a shave behind him, and is just finishing off the last of his breakfast otherwise known as Cork.

Ger Canning reckons Galway are “wrecking havoc”.

Some knob.

Joe Canning is ‘wrecking havoc’ according to his namesake Ger

argh cld beats me to the punch

He called the Galway full-forward Ger Canning earlier. :lol:

ger canning read out a tweet from Diarmuid Sullivan complaining about the change of tactics too, considering his brother is playing I would say thats another fairly strong message that Walsh has lost the dressing room. Bat times for Cork hurling but result is no surprise at all TBH. Well behind Dub & Lk as well this season IMO

What have you heard?

Time to get behind Gerald McCarthy again I feel.

You’ll still get weak teams like Cork and Antrim undeservedly getting through to this stage as long as they persist with allowing the early provincial losers to play-off against each other and skip ahead to this round while beaten provincial semi-finalists are eliminating each other. I think I possibly made that point about championship structure before.

Kev is the only man who can sort this mess out.

Winter wouldnt be the same without an aul strike.

Cork hurling is an irrelevance at the minute

He surely knows a lad who can…

McIntyre rabbitting on about Carlsberg add re Galway consistency :lol: :lol: :lol: