Official 2011 All Ireland Hurling Championship Thread

Open draw between todays 8 winners, out again next weekend I believe.

The Darby lad at half forward had an absolute mare. He must have kicked 4 or 5 very scorable wides.

Ah he was great, everyone roaring shoot when he got the ball…and him kicking it 20 yards wide. :lol:

The only way it won’t be in Thurles is if Tipp lose the Munster final. The Dubs will probably look for it in Croke Park but you would fancy that Thurles would get 40k+ for it while it would be doing well to get the same in Croker

Ya, I would be thinking Thurles as well.
Especially as they didn’t have the Munster final this year.

What was the attendance like for the same fixtures like in 2009? you would fancy both the Dubs and Limerick to have a few more on the bandwagon than they had back then. There was the bones of 40k in Thurles for the Waterford V Wexford/Cork V Clare quarter finals in 2008

True, Dublin are the team it would suit least. Still remember their fans looking completely lost outside the stadium two years ago and them being convinced they couldn’t lose. Mind you they managed to beat themselves that day. Limerick were only average. Should be a good Galway crowd there now that the bandwagon has started rolling.

Think it was around 30k? Small Galway crowd there as they had lost to KK in Leinster.

There was easily 14,000 Limerick fans at the Wexford game. The buzz is back in the county and with it being a Q/F and a double header we could bring that amount to Thurles. There was a big Galway crowd in Limerick today as well, which is strange for them, so i could see there being 40k in Thurles alright.

I hope they bring it to Thurles. We don’t get to travel very much in the championship and it gets quite boring having all your matches in Croke Park, especially if there are empty seats. Tullamore was much more enjoyable. It would also give us a chance to slay the Thurles ghosts of 2001 and 2009.

It’ll give ye a chance but ye won’t do it.
Limerick by 4

I would give the Dubs a very good chance as Limerick haven’t faced a side as physical or as hard working as the Dubs yet this year. Waterford had a very light midfileld and half forward line out against ye, Shane O’Sullivan excluded. Dublin will have no problem trying to knock ye out of your kilter. Very much a 50/50 game, presume the Dubs will have Ryan O’Dwyer back as well, Keaney could do a lot of damage at centre forward up against Geary

I am now officially transferring my support for the rest of the year to the joint Cork/Limerick effort. I’m sure Donal will lead our boys to glory.

surprised the puke hasnt made it back for this thread

The losers of this match will be shitting themselves(Waterford)
Galway put in an excellent days work in Limerick yesterday. After they settled they completely dominated Cork in every sector. Andy Smith is becoming a real leader for the team at midfield and has Burke flying alongside him now as well. Our defense looks rock solid these days with Davy Collins in the form of his life.
Joe and Farragher both had big games but their tendancy for the odd casual pass caught them out again yesterday. Anyone know why Joes goal was disallowed? It was fooking brilliant but justice was done when Donnellan scored an almost identical one only moments after coming on. Tannion did well yesterday too but there is more to come from him. Great win.

Cork would want to take their ‘rebuilding process’ a bit more seriously, they had the look of a team going absolutely nowhere fast. Some of their lads looked nackered before the half time whistle and the vast bulk of their team had given up with plenty of time left on the clock. Mcyntire had the bench nearly emptied with 10 minutes left on the clock. Cant remembera Galway team giving a Cork team a stuffing like that. A joy to behold :pint:

Shane McGrath on fire here, Tipp look pumped

Kelly and Browne acting like children already.

Goal Corbett, game over

John O’Brien has 2 already. This does not augur well for the blaas

Fuck sake. I was hoping to see a contest at the very least. Still no full back line… Being outworked all over the pitch.

Brilliant point from John O Brien, he’s come on leaps and bounds in the last year, another one there as I type for McGrath. Waterford are muck

Where the fcuk was the foul on mullane there?