Official 2011 All Ireland Hurling Championship Thread

in fairness, the free count was something like 18-4 waterford, a few of those very soft, with o’mahony putting over a dozen or so.

it looks as if the unintended consequence of the perpetual motion up front, with forwards constantly running off the ball and hunting in packs means there should always be a spare half back loose for the opposition to give the ball to. seemed to be foley for most of this game, and he duly delivered a lot of ball.
some of that is bound to end up in scores of you get past the maher-o’mahony-maher line. (presuming keefe will be replaced eventually)

one other thing about waterford’s naiveté. for each of the goals where an aerial delivery was won, the aerial ball won by the tipp forward was uncontested.
maher not jumping with corbett i can understand, but noel mcgrath and maher plucking ball over the brick? daft stuff.
i can only assume they planned to stop the offload once the tipp forward gathered the ball.

Today was the worst day ever following Waterford , worse than 89 munster final, worse than 93 in Walsh Pk, worse than AI 08…

Davy has stood over our two worst days, i gave him every chance up to 4.25 today.

Arrghh!

John Fogarty of The Examiner has tweeted saying that Waterford are training at 9AM. Good God.

Fair play to John Mullane for sticking that goal against us :lol:

Davy is the man.

Noel hunt must be delighted he got home for it

Have they no work to go to?

FFS Runt. Ask a stupid question like

Thought it was a ‘6am truth session’.

Haven’t those players suffered enough? The only thing that should happen tomorrow morning is that the county board should tiger kidnap Davy and force him to drive to the bank to make a withdrawal.

:popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn:

Waterford are building something very special under Davy.

No they are not Fenway. Corks is shit, and has been for 3-4 years. They are now paying for it. I know what type of training they are doing and its not up to scratch. Its caused a clear problem as the footballers have one of the best professional conditioning coaches in Ireland and beyond who is full time with Munster. The hurlers have a guy Munster got rid of 9 years ago because he was lazy and slow to change. Thats what you are dealing with. The footballing guy played hurling and football, the Hurling guy is from Scotland. Not an absolute must to be a top coach in S&C to have played the game, but it helps, and there are great people in Cork ideally suited to the role unfortunately the best of them is a County footballer and already works for the CB. The hurling guy was brought in as part of a deal done with the local leisure authority and it was done through the old boys club. These are all things i know for a fact and cannot be disputed.

Its not just in the gym either, its on the pitch at training. Cork has the hurlers to be better than Galway. If all things were even and each team was prepared in the exact same way i would put Cork a comfortable 3rd behind the big 2 with everyone else a little bit behind. Of course it is ridiculous to claim that now in light of the results, but if the set up was right you would have got another 30% out of that Cork team this year.

[quote=“caoimhaoin, post: 592442”]
Cork has the hurlers to be better than Galway. [/quote]
Complete, unmitigated bollocks.

Ah Kev, all joking aside but you couldn’t be speaking more out of your arse if you tried. That’s a pure ridiculous statement to make.

I miss Australian weed. Good shit

Bang on. Alot of bluffers in the area as well.

Hard not to be delighted for ya. You hacve changed your tune on Davy.

Lads ye are the tools for thinking Cork couldn’t do well given the right set up. Have ye played sport at all? Trust in what your management team and what they are doing is huge. Cork hasn’t had it for 5 years now.

If Donal O’ Grady was coaching this team they’d get to the semi final at least, and if he was with the U-21’s this year and maybe even last year they’d win the All-Ireland.

Ah right, Cork have the hurlers to be better than Galway.

Galway have won numerous underage titles. Cork haven’t.

Galway teams routinely win the All-Irleand Club Championship. Cork don’t.

Tradition doesn’t matter a fuck if that’s all you rely on. I’ve watched loads of Cork. I watched pretty much every league game they played in 2010. Every championship game in 2010. And plenty of them this year.

You are way off in terms of having the hurlers Kev, way off.

I disagree.

ah Kev :rolleyes:

Look i don’t expect people outside Cork to see it or understand. As i said its a ridiculous statement to make on recent results, but its something i firmly believe.