Official 2011 All Ireland Hurling Championship Thread

Originally I looked at the Dublin Limerick game I thought Limerick could turn Dublin over.
If Downes and O’Grady are out I don’t think they will.

I also don’t think they will because Donal O’Grady is playing short passing game with Limerick like he did with Cork. Dublin play a Kilkenny hunting in packs style.
Hunting in packs is short passing kryptonite. Maybe Donal has something else up his sleeve. He’d need to.

Take that back ye bollix… :angry:

Who are the 4 top top class players Galway have.

Canning and possibly Hayes would be the only ones that would be close to that in my opinion, the likes of Kavanagh, Og Regan, Bourke etc are very solid hurlers but not “top top class”

:clap: , agree with all that cluaindiuic

Calm down boh. Colin Fennelly is probably more in danger than Richie, it’s just that when I was typing it I never thought of him.
Like I said though, Taggy’s work rate means Cody rates him very highly. His strike rate aint too shabby either.
He’ll get the nod from the boss before the other two IMO if fully fit.

I dunno I would be tempted to persist with Fennelly over Hogan.
Hogan has had a number of chances.

Fennelly has 2 big things going for him.

1. He is lightning fast
  2. He has superb defensive skills. i.e. his hooking is top notch.

Hearing there is a young lad from Glenmore giving lads fits in training. Any of ye southern folk got the scoop on him.

Willie got a hair transplant and is back training I heard?

Galway remain unchanged as expected for Sunday. That’s 3 Championship games in a row we’ve started with the same 15. Must be a record. Cyril Donnellan is busting a gut to get back in the starting lineup so Gantley and Tannion would want to be on their game right from the off. Barry Daly is also said to be flying in training, this being injury free is great long may it continue!

James Skehill
(Cappataggle)

Fergal Moore Shane Kavanagh David Collins
(Turloughmore) (Kinvara) (Liam Mellows)

Donal Barry Tony Og Regan Adrian Cullinane
(Castlegar) (Rahoon Newcastle) (Craughwell)

David Burke Andy Smith
(St.Thomas) (Portumna)

Joe Gantley Ger Farragher Iarla Tannian
(Beagh) (Castlegar) (Ardrahan)

Damien Hayes (Capt) Joe Canning Alan Kerins
(Portumna) (Portumna) (Clarenbridge

presume daly and donnellan are the obvious choices for midfield and half forward lines?

what if kerins has to come off?

Am I the only one who thinks that the Dubs will win with a bit to spare this Sunday

I’m coming around to that way of thinking seeing as Limerick never win when they hype themselves up a bit. A confident Limerick man is never too far away from being deflated.

No pal.

I think they’ll win by a comfortable enough margin too.

An on form Eanna Ryan would be a great addition in that scenario, Kerins twinged his hamstring during the week but is expected to be alright. Aongus Callanan or even Johnny Coen would be other options.
I also think Dublin will beat Limerick handy enough, they’ve been operating on different levels all year and Dublin should be able to make it count on Sunday. Munster hurling is fooked altogether

cheers Laz, we’ll try and keep it pucked out to the dubs anyway lest their momentum be stalled.
best of luck to your lot too.

Can’t see anything other than a Dublin win at the weekend unless they completely bottle it. LImerick were lively enough against Waterford but were gifted a couple of goals and Waterford have been fairly disappointing this year. Limerick’s only other game was a labored win against a very poor Wexford team.

Hennessy
Fives
Lawlor
Connors
David O Sullivan
Brick Walsh
Tony Browne
Kevin Moran
Shane O Sullivan
Seamus Prendergast
John Mullane
Pauric Mahony
Steven Molumphy
Shane Walsh
Brian O Sullivan

Was that game against Antrim wiped from the record books?

Limerick lads going to the game, have ye ye’re tickets already or are ye getting them in Thurles? Was going to go to it but won’t bother if there’s only shit tickets left. The ones on ticketmaster are atrocious.

Don’t think it’ll be a comfortable Dublin win at all. 50/50 game. Limerick will have more support and know Thurles better which has to count for something. Can see Limerick winning by a point or two to be honest. I’m expecting a much better match than two years ago.

Can’t say I’d be all that familiar with the structure of the Waterford forwards but how often has Mullane played at centre forward?