Official 2011 All Ireland Hurling Championship Thread

couple of limerick defenders playing for all stars cost them i thought. soloing up 60 yards hitting it on the run wide. unforgiveable

dublin were rank. full back line was decent. woeful at half back and midfield

Limerick’s decision making and composure on the ball was awful in the second half. Some of the shot selection was ridiculous while on other occasions they turned down straightforward shooting opportunities, carried the ball into trouble and coughed it up. They had 4 wides in a row when the gap was down to 2 points late on before Ryan O’Dwyer got an important point. Good progress made this season but that must be quite a sickener given all the possession they had. Still, as has been said, big win for Dublin obviously and credit to them given the players they were missing.

Dublin full back line was exceptional with corcoran in particular outstanding in covering across the line.

Rte obviously got the sound proof studio :slight_smile:

i expect galway to win this easy

Magnificent throw in there.

Great finish by Walsh.

Short puck-out :guns:

waterford have started really well

Cathal playing a stormer so far.

Fucking Galway are awful.
Again.

All Dublins underage work and a Tipp man gets them over the line to their first AI semi since the 40s am I right in saying?

This is a contest of the two most braindead teams in the country.

What exactly is the Galway game plan?
So, Tipp played quick ball into the Waterford full back line in the munster final and ended up with 7 goals.
Well, here is what we should do.
When we get the ball we should hand pass it around in an attempt to lose it.
We should play our most dangerous player who is a natural full forward out left half forward.
We should play poor high balls into the corner.
We should not under any circumstances play quick ball into their full back line. It’s not like they have any historical issues with their full backs in the last decade.

Waterford winning and they are not even playing well.
If either of them play like this in the semi against us it’ll be over by half time.

Damien Hayes centre forward?

Honest to God!

galway in trouble here

Did Collins actually make any contact with Kellys helmet there?
Ich don’t think so.

If I were a Galway supporter I would be apoplectic with rage at this display.
Half of them look like they don’t want to be there.

galway are brutal showing no heart at all

Kevin Moran is some hurler.

Galway absolutely shocking here. Getting absolutely trounced.

Christ, Galway have literally given up.