Official 2011 All Ireland Hurling Championship Thread

Jaysus that lad number 21 for Galway looks like he has eaten the weights, the size of him.

I would hope a team would go out with a bit of believe in themselves, if not they may as well hang up their boots. :frowning:

Serious pineapples in those armpits.

You were spot on Puke about that galway u21 team. Very impressive

They threw the minor away in '08 when they lost by 3-6 to 0-13, hardly a surprise theyā€™d be good.

Fenway as Sid said the pedigree of this Galway side was there for all to see at minor three and two years ago and those with their ears to the ground knew that Galway were/are the team to beat this year at this level. As i said on the other thread in the build up they have supposedly being training a lot longer than usual for this and were no doubt wanting to make amends for last yearā€™s final performance and were lacking no motivation after the way they felt they were treated in the build up to th final. Clare had similar movitation in 2009 after the way they felt wronged in the 2008 Munster final and last yearā€™s Tipp team also had plenty to prove after they were hammered by Waterford the year before and you cannot underestimate the galvanising effect and drive it has given all three sides at this level

Should be a decent final

Does anyone know what the ticket prices are for the senior final? Some lad in the pub last night was telling me theyā€™re ā‚¬80 or ā‚¬90. Hardly that expensive, are they?

ā‚¬80 stand, ā‚¬40 terrace.
http://gaa.ie/gaa-news-and-videos/daily-news/2/1806111448-gaa-announces-reduction-in-ticket-prices/

Were stand prices that expensive over the last few years? I donā€™t recall paying that much.

no-they lowered tickets for other rounds when they knew people were not going but increases tickets prices for this one to cover that shortfall- woeful stuff by the gga

Savvy business men.

cunts more like

Christy Cooney bringing his expensively bought FAS know how to the GAA. Its all about supply and demand.

croke park hasnt been half full once this year in stickstick- dont think he got the supply & deman right yet

Its a tough learning curve for a man of his abilities but Iā€™m confident heā€™ll get it right mate. His track record at FAS speaks for itself.

On to the senior final - any early views from the hurling folk on here? I reckon itā€™s going to be filthy early on. Hope there is a decent ref selected and he tolerates no shit. Canā€™t think of a decent hurling ref

Thereā€™s going to be shots alright aI reckon. What odds on Tommy being sent off in the first half?

Brian Gavin is reffing it.

Brian Gavin has been a pretty good ref. Strikes a happy medium between the Cathal McAllister laissez-faire approach and the whistle happy types like Wadding. Will be interesting to see how the games starts out alright, I would expect it to be hard but fair. Nobody ever beat Tipperary by bullying them, as Loughane once said itā€™s the worst thing you could do against them.

Brian Gavin is the acceptable face of Offaly. A good ref and no bullshit out of him.