Official 2011 All Ireland Hurling Championship Thread

U21 result. Dub 3-23 Antrim 0-6

Fantastic result. :clap:

Galway looked much more focused than Limerick in the warm ups. Limericks was very poor.

Great result alright taz

Schutte was great - seems to have found form. Antrim were fucking rancid though and its very similar to 07 when we hammered Derry in the Semi only to be made shite of in the final by Galway

Limericks keeper! :clap:

Dublin beating Antrim is hardly a fantastic result. They were overwhelming favourites to progress.

Great half of hurling. Im very impressed by galway. Cunningham has them well coached.

The handicap was 18pts,that result will do nothing for them against a toughened Limerick/Galway side in the final.

You can’t do that you will accused of being bitter towards Limerick winning Munster

26 point beating is a fantastic result for any team - whether it goes to their heads or not is most important for this Dublin team

Overwhelming favourites doesnt necessarily follow with a comprehensive beating by said favourites. Sure Tipp were overwhelming favourites last Sunday but only squeezed by with 4.

Give over. Nobody in Ireland thought Antrim would win today.

I believe Antrim only beat Armagh by a goal in the Ulster final, now Armagh have made decent strides but it just shows you how much Antrim have fallen back again

Very true. That’s our biggest worry going into the final

Alright mate. Sorry about that

But I think you’ll find there were at least 25 people in Ireland who believed they’d win.

Are you really going to persist with this? :lol:

Thats what everyone thought last year when we were beaten by Antrim in the quarter finals. :slight_smile:

You don’t think Antrim believed in themselves?

Terrible lack of respect from the Wexican for the Antrim boys

The scoreline would suggest they didn’t

They were diabolical. But surely they wouldn’t go into the match not believing. I refuse to acknowledge a team would not believe in themselves. Particularly, as taz said, after last year and the fact that Dublin don’t carry a favourites tag very well