Official All Ireland Minor and U20 Hurling & Football Thread (Part 1)

Waterford playing Kilkenny in the Minor Hurling I heard earlier.

I thought they had Antrim next?

Dublin played Antrim last year in the quarters and Galway played them the year before so the perception was that the munster runner’s up would play Antrim this year, similar to the way it alternates in the 21’s championship but the gaa had an open draw for ir this year

Wins in the provincial finals today for Roscommon and Cavan over Galway and Armagh respectively. Good to see the wealth being spread around. That’s the underage provincial double for Cavan this year.

Q/F and S/F line-up
Dublin/Cork
V
Cavan/Galway

Tipp/Meath
v
Roscommon/Armagh

How good are the Waterford minors? Should they be good enough to beat Kilkenny this weekend?

Very good, but how good KK are would be the question. KK start every game against Waterford a good 5-6 points ahead.

The Klkenny team is very young. A lot of them 16 and 17.
They had their chances against Dublin but in the end lost out to the bigger stronger side.

I’d like to see Waterford do well. Chuck played for the village for a long time. He also helped manage the minor team I played on many years ago. I have a lot of time for him.

I saw Kilkenny against Wexford and wasn’t that impressed. One excellent free taker and a few half decent players scattered through the team. Man for man, we matched them until the sending off and until we started hitting passes straight to their free players.

Waterford have 6 changes from the Clare game. A few injuries from club minor games played a couple of days after the Clare game.

Thy are supposed to have good depth.

Quarter final hurling result

Galway 8-25 Antrim 0-12

Big win for the diese tonight. 15 - 9

good win for waterford but its not a good kikenny outfit and the cats manager is a head the ball.

its a fifty fifty game in both semi finals. galway were the most difficult iopposition clare had in the challenges they played so far.

All-Ireland Minor Quarter Final Latest:
Roscommon 1-10 Armagh 0-12

http://www.shannonside.ie/liveapp.php

Commentator going mental

5 left

Armagh lead by 1, 1 minute of normal time left

Extra time

Roscommon pointed a 45 with the last kick

Roscommon 1-16 Armagh 0-18

2 left

“This is the game of the year, this is the game of the century!”

Roscommon have got the last 4 points

Roscommon win by a point, somebody get that commentator to a hospital :stuck_out_tongue:

Galway through to the semis too, underpinning Connachts dominance of the sport of football

Sounds like a classic in Portlaoise between Meath and Tipp, level at h/t

Tipp win by 4 and will face roscommon in the semi’s

Roscommon will take Tipp and will be fair hard bet in this. Think I said as much before on here.