Official All Ireland Minor and U20 Hurling & Football Thread (Part 1)

Need a win shortly though. I’m not a huge fan of moral victories. Were you at it?

I was. I’d agree in principal. The win was in their grasp however, the sending off certainly didn’t help. Saunders looks a class act.

Ah yeah Saunders is class what I’ve seen of him.
Still fancy them to beat the Westies in first round.

A typically tight and tense tussle between the two great rivals. Any time Armagh play Tyrone in the Ulster Championship at any grade you expect nothing less. Pure football.

This is the first year I’ve really seen a good number of European surnames breaking through. Tipp had a few the other night. Longford also a few weeks ago. It’s great to see. I’m presuming Oguz is another.

1 Like

Sounds Turkish, unless it’s actually O’Guz?

Dramatic scenes at the Athletic Grounds. And it’s full time. Extra time to come. This is great stuff.

Tyrone had a straight red in the first half.

They won the inaugural All Ireland u17 with this side but there seems to be a bit of discontent in the camp, rumours of a few players being dropped off the panel for their conduct on a weekend away in Donegal.

Also worth noting that the U17 title was also played the same year as the U18 so some counties probably had priority toward their U18 team that year.

Canavan did not start and Murnaghan has gone off, Tiarnan Quinn seems to be carrying the fight for Tyrone. He’s a big talent but will need a while to fill out for senior county football.

Donegal and Monaghan gone to pelanties.

Donegal win 3-1 on pelanties.

Tyrone win by 4 points.

Semi final draw

Tyrone v Antrim
Donegal v Down

Sounds a cracker, 20 minutes of extra time played and each team scored 1 point. Derry went 43 minutes last night without scoring. New rules or no new rules, Ulster football will not be compromising on its principles.

Dublin have destroyed Meath in Parnell Park in the U20 Leinster semi-final.

Dublin are really really good at football. Other counties need to get into dublin and see how they can replicate what they’re doing to be so really really good.

Antrim lead 0-4 to 0-02 in a snow storm in Lavey at HT

Tyrone and Donegal both prevail by two points against Antrim and Down respectively and will now meet in the final.

Cork lead Kerry by 4 at half time in Munster u20 final . They look to have better forwards . Live on TG4

1 Like

We educated that Shuckroo boy well up here

That was some fuck up by Cork. No tactical appreciation at all. Bate it out midfield & bate it into the full forward line. Got a goal from a turnover and did not work on balancing two deadly inside forwards

The Cork goalies attempts to find his men in the second half was comical. Cork’s inside forwards were decent, the rest looked pure Cork grunt. The full back was case in point.

They dropped the first choice goalie as he likes to go short and brought in a thumper (# 16) to kick it long. If they had watched Kerry at all last week they would have seen that they had loads of effective kickout players but the team was not effective when the attack was slowed down and forced sideways. The halfbacks dont contribute much in attack. The main joy they got from limerick was using O’Shea as a target inside and going in long and early.

Tbf to Kerry they changed it up a lot in the second half. The second half tonight. Pulling Walsh was a big call, as was moving Horan out. Beagliocht is small but lethal sharp.

Is Paul O Shea Cliffords cousin?

The chap from Beaufort was the standout though, number 7 O Brien.

Sugrue will be happy tonight, that was a big step for him to go down there. That’ll give him a bit of breathing space. If he could pull an All Ireland out he could have a big decision to make in a year or two.